So, I'm being really selfish here because Mark and I decided we really wanted to take turns writing in the blog but he started his last entry and hasn't finished and I took my last final yesterday and so today I have absolutely NOTHING to do and I'm just counting down the hours until I get to go meet him at his office and drive down to Palos Verdes together to pick up all our wedding decorations!!! Hence, I'm writing without him...but I'm strongly considering waiting to publish this post until after he publishes his. Maybe I won't even tell him! No way, I tell him everything. I actually have a BIG surprise planned for Christmas and I can't say anything more than that or it's going to give everything away but just know that it's going to be a Christmas he won't forget ;)
Well, I am officially DONE with my second to last semester of college!!! It's a good feeling. Now I have about a month off until I start my last semester but I also have to do an internship next summer. Our Masters Family Reunion is next summer too so I'm really hoping I can plan my internship around it because I want Mark to get to know all my kooky cousins and aunts and uncles and grandma!!! They are all dying to get to know him too (at least my grandma) and our family reunions are always a blast!
Mark and I are flying home to Texas on Friday! WOO HOO!!! Flying is so much better with your love, let me tell you! Sissy and I counted the number of times we will have seen each other this year and it's A LOT! I was still there in January of this year, Mark and I flew home for Sean's homecoming, mom and sissy came and visited me in Cali and then Mark and I went home a month later to go to Disneyworld with the fam, they all flew out for the wedding and now we are flying out there for Christmas! So that's 6 times in one year which is like once every couple months. Pretty awesome! I love my sissy!!!
Here is what we plan to do in Texas:
- Christmas shopping!!! All of it on Saturday and Monday before Christmas!
- Visit with my friend Mollie from Connecticut and her family who all happened to move to Kingwood, my hometown!!! Crazy!
- See "Saving Mr. Banks"!
- Christmas caroling on Christmas Eve's eve with my family's ward
- Drive around looking at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve - our family tradition!
- Drink so much hot cocoa that we turn into marshmallows
- Go horseback riding on my cousin Lydia's horses when we visit them on Christmas
- Christmas dinner with the Masters!
- Go on lots of romantic walks and kiss under the stars...hey, we ARE newlyweds! ;)
- Kiss under mistletoe (because neither of us ever have!)
- Watch all of the SAG nominated movies so I can vote for the SAG awards
- Read!!! I have bought so many good books while I've been in school and haven't had a chance to read any of them! So i'm very much looking forward to that!
- Work on my demo reel and Mark is working on work stuff
- Go to Ruggles Green - it's an all organic restaurant that the R.S. President and her husband recommended we go to! They said they have the best White Chocolate Raspberry bread pudding you ever tasted and I've never even had bread pudding so my tastes are going to be pretty sophisticated for the stuff after this...
- Catch up in our journals (I swear Mark's last entry was right before he was about to propose to me...he didn't even finish it hahaha)
- Write all our wedding thank you notes...not so fun BUT we are going to do this simultaneously with activity #6 so it will be okay
- Decide on our New Year's Resolutions (well mine are already decided but I need to get Mark excited about making some of his own)
- Catch up on Smallville and Once Upon A Time (Mark had never really watched Smallville other than a few episodes and since it's my favorite show of all time and I happen to own all 10 seasons, we started watching them like months ago but then when we got engaged and I started school, we got super busy planning our wedding and with homework and stuff so we stopped around season 4. We plan on watching at least 2 seasons in the 10 days we are there!!!)
- Do work out videos together (we did a yoga one last Saturday and we were both so sore! It was way fun though!)
- Play with our Christmas presents (Mark will have a lot of fun playing with his!!! Ahhh, I'm so excited!!!)
- Teach Mark to play guitar (Sean will have to do that since I don't play)
- Go bowling with the family (we have actually never done that as a family and why not start now?!)
- Go ice-skating at the Galleria
- Eat at my favorite Chinese restaurant
- Visit my BFF Sarah (she has never met Mark and I'm dying for her to!)
I think that's a pretty good list! Think we can do it all? Well, if you know me you know I practically can't live without my lists and even when I have nothing to do I make lists of things I'm not doing hahaha.
So might not publish this yet but I hope Mark finishes his last post soon or this post will not be as fun to read after we've done all that stuff!
I changed my mind...I don't think he'll post his until after we've left for Texas so I'm posting this! Sorry babe :)

No comments:
Post a Comment