I can't believe it's been nearly four months since I last blogged! I completely re-designed my layout hoping that will make me want to blog more often! My cousin
Cali helped me with the tough stuff and I figured the rest out on my own. So now I'm trying to start blogging at least once a week! I want to get in the habit now because when we have kids I know I'll be super busy and if I don't already blog, there's no way I'll start and I don't want to forget anything from their childhood.
So, what have I done this summer? Well, I interned for my agent at Coast to Coast, we MOVED, went to our tri-annual Masters Family Reunion in Colorado, celebrated my hubby's 27th birthday, spent a week with my sister shopping, eating, hitting the beach, and touring all of LA, and I officially graduated from USC! It's been a pretty busy summer. Here are some pictures to recap the fun!
 |
| Mark's presents! |
 |
| Mark's favorite dinner: pork chops & applesauce (which he cooked himself because I don't know how to cook meat) |
 |
| Mark's Special Plate (wedding present from our cousin Ellen) |
 |
| Mark's biggest present - a dartboard! |
At our family reunion, the main cabin had this big electronic dart board and anytime Mark wasn't in my sight I knew where to find him...playing darts! He LOVED that dart board! Whenever we were in the family room talking or anything he couldn't be in there for more than 5 seconds without getting up and gathering a group together to play with him. When he couldn't get real people, he rounded up the little kids (including toddlers) to play! Haha, most of the time he played with real people though. He loved that dart board so much I didn't know how he was going to live without it, so I got him his very own.
 |
This is where we spent most of our time...playing games, reading, watching family slideshows, playing darts and just relaxing
I think here we're watching one of those slideshows I mentioned
|

Before a game of Blow Darts (basically you blow air soft darts at other people so Mark loved this one too)
Even the babies played (don't worry, we didn't really hit them)
Our turn to cook! We made delicious Hawaiian Haystacks and one of my new favorite desserts, Skooky (I think). It's basically barely cooked cookie dough with vanilla ice-cream on top!
Haha, my sweet cousin Jessica who for some reason let Laurin do this to her hair! (Note her evil grin)
My sissy and the happiest little baby I ever met, Phillip!
Mark and Nathan climbing rocks! Every time I saw these two together my heart melted...I can't wait to have kids of our own!
The second group of horseback riders!
On our nature walk
Everywhere we went looked like something out of a fairy tale! I wished we had more time to just wander through the forest and look for unicorns and fairies ;)
Nathan loved being with us which made me super happy! At one point I walked into the car to sit because that rock was super uncomfortable and he came looking for me and hopped on my lap in the car. He is so precious!
Our group got rained on during our ride (more like poured on) and Mark gave his raincoat to Laurin because she didn't have one for Nathan...isn't he the sweetest?
We taught the little kids how to play Apples to Apples and even though the game went like three times as slow and we often had to "help" them which didn't make it all that fair, I had so much fun! Little Emma is so smart and caught on super quickly. I just love kids so much :)
Our family of two!
The Mark's
Everyone but Sean
|
Well this is getting super long...I guess that's what happens when you try to blog about your entire summer in one post! So I'll be back to write about my adventures with sissy in LA!
No comments:
Post a Comment