| e l e v e n m o n t h s |
I can hardly believe there's only one more month left until my baby is ONE!!! where did the time go??? the other night before bed, Mark was rocking Clark and calling him his baby and he looked a little ridiculous because he's just so big!! my baby is really growing up. must be time for another one! ;)
this month was a good one. Clark had all kinds of firsts and he is really starting to become quite the character. he now shrieks all the time for fun (especially during church), claps his hands when he's excited, stops whatever he's doing when a good song comes on and shakes his shoulders to the beat, splashes like cRaZy in the tub and gives me slobbery kisses all day long! he makes me happier than anything in the world.
Clark had his first Easter and even though he didn't meet the Easter bunny, Grandma spoiled him with goodies...some cars, candy (for the parents heh), and a bunny that says his prayers! Clark loooves saying prayers so it was the perfect gift. then Grandma made us all a delicious dinner and, as usual, watched Clark while Mark and I ate :)
I already wrote about Clark's first beach trip and he also went to a farm for the first time! we rode a train, fed the animals and had a blast on the swings!
eleven month stats:
weight: 22 lbs (72nd percentile)
length: 29 in. (38th percentile)
head circ: 18 in. (50th percentile)
♥ ♥ ♥
f a v o r i t e s
I think Clark is a thrill seeker! he absolutely loves being chased up the stairs, standing up in a moving wagon, climbing on the dishwasher and hanging onto the top rack, sticking his fingers in the dog's mouth, riding on the roomba, pushing anything with wheels, and pretending to drive!
another one of his favorite things is playing with the cleaning supplies, especially the broom and standing dustpan! we have this Casabella one and it's pretty lightweight and short enough that he can pull it down. he loves waving it in the air, haha!
these days Clark pretty much wants to do whatever I'm doing...when I'm unloading the dishwasher, he loves pulling all the spoons (and knives!) out and trying to get his dishes off the top rack. when I'm doing laundry, he loves pulling the clothes out or sneaking things in when I'm not looking. when we're eating breakfast, he always prefers bites of my cereal instead of his oatmeal (I guess I understand that...I'm usually eating lucky charms! hahaha)
e a t
one of the big questions I ask myself every day is, "what should I feed Clark?" ever since we stopped giving him baby food, I feel like I have to be so creative to think of new things to give him that he'll actually eat. it's also hard to find the time to make him something before he gets impatient. I usually end up feeding him snacks in between making him macaroni & cheese, a pbj, etc. I'm not used to making myself food during the day (I usually just snack all day, mainly because I hate using my precious free time to make meals!) and so now that I have to make meals for Clark, I feel like meal times take up the majority of the day. sometimes I miss the days when all he did was nurse!
Clark's palate at 11 months:
brie & crackers - π
turkey sandwiches - π
greek yogurt - π€’
teriyaki chicken - π€’
raspberries -π
mac 'n cheese - π
pesto tortellini - π
lasagna - π
chicken penne pasta - π€’
Dino chicken nuggets - π€’
Dino chicken nuggets - π€’
cheese ravioli - π
vanilla yogurt raisins - π
Snickers ice-cream bar - π
corn on the cob - π
so we had a super scary choking incident this month. unfortunately, it wasn't with food. it actually wasn't even really a choking accident, more of a swallowing accident. one morning I was so cozy in bed and did not feel like getting up. after Mark left for work, I was laying in bed half asleep while Clark played on the floor. I heard him getting in my drawer but I always let him play with stuff in there and I didn't think there was anything dangerous. I guess I must have fallen asleep for a minute (mother of the year) because all of a sudden I was dreaming he was chewing on something. probably because I could hear him chewing in real life. I sat up and scrambled over to the side of the bed to see him with my headphones and I just knew he was chewing on the soft black ear bud that comes off. I stuck my finger in his mouth and felt it at the back of his tongue. I started freaking out, still tangled up in the sheets and unable to get out of bed fast enough, and continued to try to swab it out with my finger. he was gagging and I thought maybe it would be good if he threw up when all of a sudden he swallowed it! then he acted fine and started playing!
it was a surreal moment and I had no idea what to do. so I turned to the internet and found out that babies swallowing things is a pretty common occurrence and as long as it's small and not sharp or magnetic, it's usually nothing to worry about. Mark called his brother who's a doctor and he said he should pass it and to look for it. I was still pretty uneasy for the rest of the day but the next day he did pass it! completely intact (picture below may be TMI)
| can you find the ear bud? |
it looks really big in the picture because it's close up but it was like the size of a cheerio. that was one of the scariest things to happen to me so far as a mom...until a few weeks later he stuck his head through the banister!!!
s l e e p
we've reached a new sleep milestone this month! Clark has always been a great sleeper once he's actually asleep but since he learned to pull up and stand, it's been a nightmare most nights getting him to lay down and go to sleep. but this month I think we finally mastered it.
we tried one final method we've never really given a fair shot before...cry. it. out. now cry it out gets a really bad rep but you have to wonder if it's worse to let your baby cry for a few minutes so he can fall asleep or let your overtired, cranky baby stay awake for another hour while you try everything under the moon to get him to sleep! I honestly do not have the patience for the latter so Mark usually does it. sometimes I wonder if I even have the patience necessary to be a mother but that's another topic altogether.
so here's how we do cry it out. after his usual bedtime routine (bath, pajamas, brush teeth, nurse), I lay Clark down in his crib and sometimes he is already asleep and stays asleep! those are the best nights. other times he is still awake but calm and tired enough to go to sleep with a little patting on his back. then there are the times when I lay him down and he immediately stands up. these are the nights we do cry it out.
first, I'll lay him back down a few times and pat his back, telling him, "it's night night," but usually once he's stood up, he's not going to go to sleep, at least not for a long time. so after about 5 minutes of laying him down, I'll go and sit in the rocking chair without saying a word. he knows I'm still in the room so sometimes he doesn't even cry or it's just a little whining and he will eventually lay himself down and go to sleep after about 10 minutes. if he does cry, I count to 60 very slowly without saying anything and then I'll go over and lay him down. sometimes he will then go to sleep while I have my hand on his back for another 60 seconds. other times he will try to go to sleep but still can't and that's when I'll leave the room for 10 minutes. now, this method ALWAYS works. we leave for 10 minutes and he cries, sometimes he even screams (but that's just how Clark is). he gets himself so worked up that when we go in again after 10 minutes, he's so exhausted that he immediately lays down and goes to sleep. works like a charm!
in other news, I think we may be approaching one nap a day!! ahhhh!!! Clark's morning nap has started to get pushed back later and later and usually lasts up to an hour and a half! today he napped for 2 1/2 hours!!! his nap is usually from 10-11:30. he still gets tired in the afternoons but won't go down unless I take him on a walk. if we don't go on a walk, he always falls asleep when my mom picks him up and drives him to her house and will sleep for an hour in the car with her. so I guess he is still taking two naps...I just only benefit from the one, haha. he also has started going to bed a little later, usually not until 8:30 and then wakes up around 7-7:30. still sleeping straight through the night most nights or if he does cry out he usually puts himself back to sleep. we are all loving having a good night's sleep every night!
p l a y / d e v e l o p m e n t
the night before Easter, we came home from our beach vacation and Clark went straight up to his walker and started pushing it all over the house! I have the cutest videos of it...he was so proud of himself!!
now he tries to push anything else that has wheels, like his strollers, his wagon, even an old man's walker at church, hahaha. while he's pushing them he makes his signature car sounds, "brrrrr". he is such a BOY!
lately he loves letting go of anything and just standing all by himself, beaming! he even took a step once! I just know he's going to start walking any day now!
Clark loves dancing to a good beat (it's my favorite to watch), climbing to the top of the stairs in under a minute, taking family showers, fake screaming when he hears something loud, hanging onto my dresses in the closet and trying to balance, feeding the dog the rest of his food when he's full, petting the dog (he loves the dog!), turning off lights, getting the mail, and opening the flaps in books.
I took sooo many pictures this month which is the reason I'm a week late in posting. here's a look at some of the things we did this month!
p h o t o d u m p
fun at the library...
| doing the splits! haha |
chik-fil-a
chillin' at home...
| he is obsessed with hats! |
first temple trip + first steps
grandma + grandpa's
| that face! |
| they are the cutest!! |
sunday best
don't ask
radio flyer photo shoot
in less than a month he will be ONE. we've had him in our lives for an entire YEAR!!! it almost feels like just yesterday I brought him home from the hospital...
I can't wait until his first birthday party!!! the theme is pretty fitting...next time I post I'll have a ONE YEAR OLD.









No comments:
Post a Comment