1.22.2018

Rawlings Christmas 2017


Christmas this year was truly one of the most magical!  Clark woke up early Christmas morning, around 5:30 and came back to bed with us.  then he and I slept in till 9 while Mark was too excited to sleep and turned on all the Christmas lights around the house and got everything all set up.  when Clark woke up the second time, Mark came and got him and when he took him outside our room, he saw the tree all lit up and pointed excitedly.  Mark took him around the house and showed him all the lights and he was pretty impressed :)

we called my parents because they wanted to come over with Steph (Sean and Kara weren't able to make it until a few days later) and watch him open his presents.  he was pretty excited when they all showed up.  I know he could tell something exciting was about to happen!

last Christmas Clark spent most of the time in his walker running around and playing with the wrapping paper.  this year he was actually interested in what was inside the paper!  he got way too many presents, which I know because halfway through he got overwhelmed and when we would hand him a present he would shake his head no and wave his hands back and forth.

here's everything he got this year!

-Tickle-Me-Elmo
-Melissa & Doug instruments
-toddler songs cd
-Nuby octopus w/ rings
-Elmo & Cookie Monster louffa's
-stacking cups
-keys
-cars
-toothbrushes (one of his favorites haha!)
-Boon jellies suction cups
-shark towel
-Stanford jacket (from Eleanor)
-annual Christmas jammies (from Grams)
-"Little Blue Truck"w/ a little blue truck (from Grams & Pops)
-"A Giraffe & a Half" (from Grams & Pops)
-sound animal puzzle (from Grandma)
-Melissa & Doug cleaning set (from Grandma & Grandad)
-Melissa & Doug play ice-cream (from Aunt Stephy)
-doctor kit (from Uncle Sean & Aunt Kara)
-tight rope walking clown (from the Westovers)
-Lightning McQueen ride-on car! (from Santa)

his favorite gift?  keys.  a plain old set of keys!!


he also LOVED these suction cups and loved sticking them to Grandad's face!

the little blue truck from Grams was a hit!

we hid Clark's big gift from Santa in the closet until he had opened everything else and then we told him to go look in the closet and as soon as he saw the car he climbed right in!  he was so excited!!  even though he still can't quite figure out how to make it go, he loves to climb in and out of it and honk the horns.  I think he understands in theory how it works (he has pressed the pedal a few times and been shocked / excited at what happens) but is a little scared of it / can't always get his feet to do what he wants them to do yet.  but he plays with it everyday and always screams with glee when he sees it first thing in the morning!


after we had opened all Clark's presents, we got our stuff together and headed to my parents, where we would be staying for the next week and a half so we could spend as much time as possible with the family and play games after putting Clark to bed.  it was like a real vacation!  the best part...my mom got up early every morning and watched Clark for me while I slept in (till noon a couple days!)  felt. soooo. good.

so after the exciting Christmas morning at our house, we still had all of our presents to open at my parents!  we missed Sean and Kara but had fun spending the second half of the day opening all our presents one by one (per tradition).  it took forever and this is how Clark felt about it...


we got so many awesome gifts!!  Mark and I got our dream couch from Pottery Barn for Christmas so we agreed to only get each other one gift.  I got him this Levi's shirt on eBay that used to be his favorite shirt in college but it got burned in a roman candlestick war.  since that gift wasn't very expensive I also got him these pants from Zara that look incredible on him!  he totally did better than me though...he got me a Cardio Barre ballet barre and workout dvd!!  I used to love Cardio Barre in LA but haven't done it since we moved.  somehow Mark thought to get me it and it's pretty much why I married him.  he knows me so well and is so creative and thoughtful!

a few more standout gifts were a stocking for the baby that Mark asked Remi to make.  as soon as I saw it, the tears just started flowing.  it's perfect!!!  my sister got me a gratitude journal that I've been wanting for years and I've been using it every day!  I also got this super nice nursing bra from my mom and some gorgeous mauve velvet shoes.  Mark got these Vans he really wanted, some sweet jeans from his dad, and this awesome pocket knife keychain from his mom.  my parents also got us a much needed blu-ray dvd player!

here's everything else I got and what I remember Mark getting...

from Mark's parents: 
- Free people tunic (my most flattering article of clothing these days!)
-Havainas flip-flops
-stockings for the boys
-pie cover
-fork for cooking
-temple robe

stocking stuffers:
-fuzzy socks
-peanut m&ms
-this adorable lady dish wand

from my parents:
-cookie sheet
-hand towels
-succulents
-white flowy lounge pants
-laundry basket

from mom:
-Cake nursing bra
-Ariel shirt
-Eeyore night shirt
-Cinderella & Prince Charming ornament
-baby tote bag
-mauve velvet shoes

from dad:
-earrings
-blu ray player

from sissy:
-nail polish
-rose perfume & lip balm (heavenly!)
-rose body butter
-compact mirror
-5 Minute Journal

from Sean & Kara:
-candy
-crossword puzzle book
-hangman book

and here's everything I remember Mark getting...

stocking stuffers:
-socks w/ soccer balls on them
-Snickers
-Arsenal keychain

from his parents:
-olive green henley (to match my tunic)
-pocket knife keychain
-jeans

from my parents:
-work shirts
-Vans
-crew socks
-Robin Hood

from sissy:
-aqua flannel shirt

from Sean & Kara:
-candy
-crossword puzzle book
-hangman book

our best Christmas present though is going to be here in just 5 weeks!!!  we can't wait to meet you BABY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment