![]() |
| our first family picture |
on Sunday April 15th, our sweet Dylan was blessed in church. I wasn't as worried about it this time around and Dylan didn't make a peep...Clark was the one wailing!! haha, he's going through a phase right now where he's super attached to his dada and anytime he leaves, Clark loses it. well, when Mark, my dad and Mark's dad all left the pew at church to head up front for the blessing, Clark wanted to follow them and when we held him back he had a meltdown! he was screaming for about 10 seconds before I finally calmed him down. I told him Dylan was going to be held in a circle and daddy and Grandad and all of those men were going to say a special prayer for him. but I told him he had to be quiet so he could hear the prayer. that quieted him down pretty quickly. Clark doesn't like to miss out on anything!
Dylan's blessing was so special and Remi wrote the whole thing down. I put it in his baby journal so he can read it someday. during the blessing, I could envision Dylan as a little boy and knew everything Mark was saying about him was true. he was blessed with the gift of discernment to understand those around him. he will be a leader who will help others come unto Christ. he will have patience and be an example to his parents (he sure could teach me some patience!) and when he walks into a room, everyone will feel his love.
Mark told him he's been blessed with a family who loves him and will raise him in the gospel. as he listens to the promptings of the spirit and reads the scriptures, his mind will be blessed with knowledge and wisdom. I could feel the Lord's love for Dylan during his blessing and I am so proud to have him as my son.
after church we had a luncheon at our house. Remi made the most delicious chocolate-chip cookies I've ever tasted and homemade hot fudge for our sundaes! we also had my mother's famous chicken salad on croissants, her yummy broccoli salad, hummus and pita chips, assorted cheeses, sausage, crackers, fruit and Remi's scrumptious fruit dip, veggies, potato salad, and lemonade. everyone took turns holding Dilly and Clark had a blast playing with his cousins outside. what a wonderful day we'll always remember!
![]() |
| my beautiful flowers from Chip! |







No comments:
Post a Comment