4.26.2015

The Waiting Game

Well, Mark and I officially started TTC this month and we are currently in the two week waiting period. It's weird that I could be two weeks pregnant! Well, not really two weeks but since doctors count the weeks from the first day of your last menstrual  period, by the time I find out I will be 4 weeks already! I'm not expecting to be pregnant already but a weird part of me feels like I am. We actually weren't originally going to start trying until June but when I asked my mom how long it took her to get pregnant with me and she told me "Not very long, like 6 months," I decided we better start early! I wanted to have a Christmas baby but Mark wants to wait until at least January so he can change our insurance then so April was the earliest we could start. It's hard because I'm such a planner and believe it or not, I already have a timeline going that I'm constantly adding to with everything I need to do each month of pregnancy, according to what things should be done in each trimester. Not knowing when the first month will be makes planning pretty impossible. I am such a planner!

To pass the time we have been doing fun things like having my Aunt Michelle and cousin Jenna stay with us for a few days while Jenna attended the College Television Awards out here for an Emmy winning short she directed! Impressive, right?



Look how professional she looks!

While Jenna was out here she also had an interview at Nickelodeon (nbd) and all went well so we are hoping she is offered a job and will be back out here for good soon! We are trying to recruit as many people as possible since we may be here for a long time.

After they headed back to Sacramento, Mark and I found a carnival on the way home which was so weird because we drew a stick from our Date Night jar that said "Go to a carnival". So we did.



Honestly though I hate carnivals! Weird right? But I do. Something about them is eerie to me with all the chaos...kids running around, tons of random noises and sounds along with loud circus music playing, screaming coming from the big rides. It's creepy! And somehow they make me feel even more alone while surrounded by tons of people.

So after we left early, we headed to the grocery store and spent $27 on ice-cream and toppings! Hahaha. Then we went home, had banana splits and watched "What Lies Beneath," one of my all time favorite scary movies! My kind of night.

I have been pretty irregular with blogging but I plan to document every week of my pregnancy complete with weekly bump pictures. Get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment