6.05.2015

TMI

Pretty sure this post is going to be TMI for most people so wanted to give you a warning with the title. BUT I simply must document this because it could be very important!

On Wednesday, I came home from work and was changing into workout clothes, feeling very hopeful that I would be able to take a pregnancy test the next day! Well I pull down my pants and my heart dropped. I had started my period. Or so I thought! There was light brown spotting (usually an indication AF is arriving soon) but I continued to get dressed, put on a pantiliner and went for my run.

Usually, any form of exercise at the sign of my period will make it come quicker and so I completely expected to come home and have a light flow going. I got home and there was nothing. I showered and made dinner, relaxed with Mark and before bed there was more spotting but that was it.

The next morning I woke up at 5 am having to pee like crazy! I was supposed to take my early result pregnancy test (can be taken up to 5 days early but I was taking it one day before my period was due) with first morning urine. So I decided I could not wait to pee later and would have to take the test now.

This was my first digital pregnancy test and so it would actually say 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant'. Unfortunately, seeing 'Not Pregnant' is even more depressing than seeing one pink line. So I figured that spotting may have been my period (2 days early) and would start to get heavier any day now. But then I started to get curious and did some research.

I read about Implantation Bleeding, which can occur 6-12 days after the egg implants into your uterus and can show up right around the time (usually just before) AF arrives. Most women mistake this for their period and don't realize it's the first real sign of pregnancy!

OH and the best part?! IB is usually in the form of pink or light brown spotting! It will never turn to real blood like your period but is very light and can last a few hours to a few days. BUT after IB occurs, it takes about 4-5 days until there is enough Hcg in your system to get a positive result on a pregnancy test! So that could be why I got a negative! I read countless stories from women who all got negatives (even with early result tests) when they tested before AF was due but then got a positive when they tested 3 days to a week later!

So, the worst part of all this? Having to wait an entire 3 days or an ENTIRE WEEK to test again!! So far it's been two days and still no sign of AF.

I am feeling very optimistic about all this! I fully expect AF will not make her appearance and when I take my second pregnancy test on Sunday (I am waiting 4 days to be on the safe side) I fully expect it to say 'Pregnant'. :)

Can you blame me for being hopeful? Oh little baby, you are so close yet so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment