4.09.2016

30 weeks & memories

WEEK 30

Baby is the size of a cabbage!


I almost skipped blogging about 30 weeks since it has been one of the busiest weeks of my whole pregnancy but that's probably a good reason for me to write about it!  so, we officially moved to Houston, Texas!  I arrived last week and Mark drove down over the weekend all by himself, poor thing!  I felt so bad for not driving with him but he insisted I fly out...we wouldn't have gotten here nearly as fast because we would have had to stop every few hours so I could use the bathroom!  also, I get carsick and it has become worse since being pregnant so that drive would not have been fun at all.

at first we just felt like we were on vacation, especially since Mark hasn't started his job yet.  his old boss is continuing to pay him his salary through July so he has a whole two months of paternity leave!   don't think he hasn't been working though...he has been working SO hard on the nursery this week!  we are transforming my old bedroom (well the room where they stored all my old stuff since I've never lived at home in this house) into the nursery and it has been so much work!

this week has been a trip down memory lane...underneath my bed were hundreds and hundreds of letters, cards, pictures and mementos from my childhood (like kindergarten through high-school!)  you would not believe the junk that still exists from my past!  so many journals, yearbooks, old friendship notebooks, and "secret treasures" I saved...

Turner & Checkers...my animal pet koosh balls that I would actually leave with my best friend Sarah to take care of when I went on vacation!  she once threw them a sleepover party (with her pet koosh ball Fletcher), complete with confetti and party favors to take home! hahahaha!

one of many pictures and notes from my best friend Sarah!  this was for our beach party we had in her room where we made a music video to "barbie girl"...I was Ken.  good times!

what was I wearing???
can you find me and my best cuz Marci?
I have a TON of embarrassing, hilarious pictures of Marci and me wearing prom dresses ten sizes too big, dressed up in clown makeup, posing in pajamas at my grandma's house, and complete photo albums that would just humiliate the both of us if I posted them.  I also have about 100 letters from her starting when we were old enough to learn how to write all the way through high-school!  spent a day re-reading them...

my beautiful mother!
things not pictured: my Lance Bass puppet and bobble head (HA!), my Mary-Kate and Ashley fan club kit, TONS of my old clothes including flared jeans, shirts with my name on them, ridiculous dance costumes and middle school prom dresses!  I am so ocd when it comes to organizing (even clearing out junk) so of course I had to go through every little thing and read every letter and card (I was this close to going back and re-reading all my old journals but instead just flipped through them, what a laugh!) and decide what to keep, give away and throw away.  the whole process took me about a week!

after we cleared out all the junk, Mark took apart the bed and moved all the furniture into the garage.  then he spent two days removing the wallpaper and found out there is dark brown paint underneath!  we are painting the nursery a soft gray so we were worried the brown would show through but Mark researched it and it will be fine if we paint it with a white paint + primer.  so Mark spent another day painting two coats of primer.

the only part I've been able to help with so far (besides clearing out the junk) is picking the paint color!  at first I had my heart set on this color by benjamin moore...

isn't it gorgeous?!  also we are getting those shelves and that pouf!
but then we found out the only benjamin moore is in downtown houston (toto, we're not in LA anymore...) so we narrowed it down to these three colors by glidden...

and the winner?!

stay tuned for after pictures coming next week!

also I realize that this post had nothing to do with the pregnancy but honestly nothing has really changed!  and if they have, I've been too busy to notice!  I don't even remember I'm pregnant these days, haha, except I spend all my time preparing for the baby to come so I guess I haven't really forgotten.

oh yeah and my new doctor is amazing and bumped up my due date to June 8!  time is flying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment