WEEK 29
Baby is the size of a pineapple!
let's see, what's new with the babe...movement has become insane. whenever baby is awake, my stomach wiggles around visibly from the outside. it never fails to amaze me. I always stop what I'm doing and stare for awhile. whenever the movements are really strong and persistent, I feel like baby is asking for playtime and a song! my favorite moment of each day...I rest my hand on my belly and baby immediately bumps up into it. I know it's not on accident because if I move my hand an inch or two, baby follows along, wanting to be right up close to me! then I have a routine of songs I sing...return to pooh corner, you'll be in my heart, a dream is a wish, maybe (from annie) and sometimes if I finish and baby bumps my hand some more, I'll just go through all my disney princess songs I do at princess parties! boy or girl, this baby is going to loooove disney princesses because mama is a disney princess every weekend :)
![]() |
| p.s. will I ever be that skinny again?! |
my belly button has POPPED! I can push it back in but when baby awakes and pushes up, pop it goes. everyone tells me it will go back in so I guess this is just part of pregnancy territory. at least I haven't gotten stretch marks!
so let's talk braxton hicks. what are they exactly? I used to think I was getting them starting a month ago but now I'm not so sure that was them because of a few super painful contractions I've had over the past week. it's like my stomach tightening so hard it radiates to my back and I have to stop whatever I'm doing and just try to breathe. the last time it happened I had to yell for mark because it was so painful I didn't know what to do. I started crying and he gently laid me down on my side and massaged my back until it went away. boy if those are just bh contractions, what is the real thing going to be like?
it's weird that I'm not as terrified of labor as I used to be before I got pregnant. I'm more just excited and anxious for the baby and I know that's the only way to get it out! plus I'm planning on getting an epidural and any pain medication they offer me so hopefully I can endure the contractions until then!
I've gotten a few pregnancy comments from strangers but not nearly as many as I thought I'd get. one time our landlady saw me as I was getting the mail and she's like, "is that a baby?" and I said, "yes, due in June!" and she goes, "awww!" another time walking down to the garage, an old man walked into the building and just says to me, "soon?" and I'm like, "yup, a few more months!"
but then other times, especially when I wear tunics that don't hug my bump, I don't think people realize I'm pregnant! like at the airport when I had to stand on the bus and hold my luggage because the luggage rack was full and no one offered me their seat! umm, isn't that supposed to be a pregnancy perk? I seriously think they don't realize because when I look at myself in the mirror and I'm wearing something loose fitting, I just look like a bigger person. anyone who knows me would think I've gained 20 pounds (which, I have, HA!) but people who don't know me would just think I'm an average american who is not that skinny!
I'm sure eventually everyone will be able to tell no matter what I'm wearing, right??? do you think I'll get this big?
![]() |
| poor mama! her baby must be in there sideways or something... |
Easter weekend was my last weekend in LA. we made it a good one. we spent it in Palos Verdes and soaked up this beautiful view...
and went on a walk that ended with us randomly stopping to watch a high school girls' lacrosse game!
I've never been much of a beach person but suddenly knowing we were going to be nowhere near the ocean made me realize how much I'm going to miss it...
another thing I'm going to miss...family dinners with the Rawlings!
| I made the fruit platter ;) |
I wish I had taken pictures of the easter egg hunt we made for Jake and Sam. we highly underestimated Sam's ability to find eggs...he is 14 months old and found our hardest eggs for Jake! we had to re-hide them really hard for Jake! I miss them so much already!
and finally...for april fools I posted this photo with the caption, "baby came early!"
![]() |
| Mark with our precious baby niece Faye...she is 4 now! |
it got over 100 likes and I'm not sure everyone knew it was a joke! I mistakenly thought people would remember my due date and know that a baby born at 29 weeks would not look like this but clearly people didn't realize. one of my friends texted me like, "this must be a crazy time, do you still need help moving tonight?" oh man, well at least I know everyone will be very happy when baby Rawlings finally does arrive! we can't wait!




No comments:
Post a Comment