6.14.2017

Happy 1st Birthday Clark Wilde!


on Saturday my baby turned O N E!!!  even though I've been planning his party for months, it didn't really hit me until the day of, after all the little details were taken care of and there was nothing left to distract me.  my baby is turning into a toddler!

I'll eat you up I love you so

it took me forever to choose a theme for Clark's party.  I originally wanted to do wild animals but it seemed a little boring and so then I thought circus animals (because those circus animal cookies are so cute!) but I'm terrified of clowns and you can't really have a circus party without a clown.  I'm not really sure what made me think of "Where the Wild Things Are" but the moment I did, I knew it couldn't be more fitting for my adventurous little Clark Wilde.

p.s. I still used the circus animal cookies ;)
Clark's GIANT cupcake!
we invited pretty much every baby in our ward but that's not very many and lucky Clark...they're all girls!  Addison, Melanie, Rachel, Hazel, Liberty, and Hannah couldn't make it.  he did have two older boys there though...my cousin George and my good friend Britney's three year old son, Kade.  the party was pretty low key...no games, just lots of food, toys for the babies, and presents galore for Clark!

King of all Wild Things!

I loved seeing the look on Clark's face when everyone sang "Happy Birthday"!  even though he didn't really eat his cupcake (he was a little distracted!), the next day I gave him a bite of one and let me tell you, lemon cupcakes are his new favorite food!

he really looks like a king here, haha

when we finally gave up convincing Clark to try the cupcake, he picked it up and turned it upside down and then applauded himself...


Clark got so many presents but he didn't really care about any of them once he opened his cars.  he just left the present scene with his car in hand and let all the big kids open the rest of his gifts!


even though Clark won't remember his first birthday party,  I wanted to make it really special for him.  he is the best thing that's ever happened to us.  on june 10, 2016, our lives were changed forever when this tiny human made us a family.  I can't believe it's been one year since I first gazed upon his perfect little face.


happy birthday my little wild thing!!!  and many more to come :)


CREDITS
invitations: prisellie designs
wild one balloon banner: studio pep
"one" high chair banner: pretty little clippie
fur crown: opposite of far
wild thing tee: little rascals shop
"Where the Wild Things Are" custom shorts: haute tot threads
platinum moccs: freshly picked
"clark wilde" custom banner: wild rumpus boutique
letterboard: letterfolk
mermaid gold sequin "writable" pillow: thro by marlo lorenz
birch tree straws: amazon
rustic wood tablecloth: amazon
cupcake toppers: gg parties
cupcakes: homemade c/o my sweet mother!
all pictures taken from the original book, "Where the Wild Things Are'"

1 comment: