today I am 5 weeks pregnant.
it feels so surreal to be pregnant again. is this really happening?? are we really going to have another baby??? it feels like we just had Clark! we had agreed we would start trying again when he turned one (which FLEW) but the way my cycle ended up, we actually started trying a few weeks before, which means on Clark's birthday I was already pregnant! that's crazy to think about.
baby #2 is due February 26. how cool! it might be a leap year baby! or share a birthday with Grandad. the first time I got pregnant, before Clark, that baby was also due in February. I'm so happy we will have another chance to have a baby born in the month of love :)
this time around I'm much more calm in a way. I'm sure I'll be freaking out when I hit the third trimester but for now, nothing much has changed. we won't really need to buy much of anything. we're pretty much set on all the necessities...car seats, strollers, high chair, nursery furniture, slings, diaper bags, more toys than any baby needs! if it's a girl, we will need clothes and hair bows but if it's a boy we are SET.
my initial impression is that this baby is a girl but we shall see! of course, I would love to have a little girl. my mini me. someone to dress up and have tea parties with. someone to go shopping with and get our nails done. someone to teach how to be a mama. when she's a teenager, I'll wait up for her on her dates and make her spill every detail when she walks through the door. and on her wedding day I'll be there buttoning up her dress and curling her hair. yes, having a girl would be amazing!
but, on the other hand, another little boy like Clark! my heart would melt. there's just something about little boys...the bond is indescribable. usually little girls love their daddies and little boys prefer their mama. if the next one is anything like Clark, he will be in love with his mama! boys are simple. boys are fun! Clark is so different from how I was as a baby...he makes every day an adventure. a life with two little boys would be so much fun!
boy or girl, we can't wait to meet this next little Rawlings baby! we are planning an epic Halloween announcement...and since I won't be posting any pregnancy updates until then, I'll see you in October ;)
it feels so surreal to be pregnant again. is this really happening?? are we really going to have another baby??? it feels like we just had Clark! we had agreed we would start trying again when he turned one (which FLEW) but the way my cycle ended up, we actually started trying a few weeks before, which means on Clark's birthday I was already pregnant! that's crazy to think about.
baby #2 is due February 26. how cool! it might be a leap year baby! or share a birthday with Grandad. the first time I got pregnant, before Clark, that baby was also due in February. I'm so happy we will have another chance to have a baby born in the month of love :)
this time around I'm much more calm in a way. I'm sure I'll be freaking out when I hit the third trimester but for now, nothing much has changed. we won't really need to buy much of anything. we're pretty much set on all the necessities...car seats, strollers, high chair, nursery furniture, slings, diaper bags, more toys than any baby needs! if it's a girl, we will need clothes and hair bows but if it's a boy we are SET.
my initial impression is that this baby is a girl but we shall see! of course, I would love to have a little girl. my mini me. someone to dress up and have tea parties with. someone to go shopping with and get our nails done. someone to teach how to be a mama. when she's a teenager, I'll wait up for her on her dates and make her spill every detail when she walks through the door. and on her wedding day I'll be there buttoning up her dress and curling her hair. yes, having a girl would be amazing!
| one of my favorite little girls I used to sit for, Lilly! |
![]() |
| Clark & I at our ward Christmas party! |


No comments:
Post a Comment