2.14.2018

37 & 38 weeks

baby is as long as swiss chard!
baby is as long as a bunch of leeks - 19.5 in!
happy ♥ Valentine's ♥ day!!!  it's not looking like baby will be making an appearance today but I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow!  THE COUNTDOWN IS ON.

I used to want all the time in the world but now I'm so anxious for labor to start.  it's the unknown that's killing me...when, how, where!!  the nurse told me at my last appt. that the doctor will induce me on my due date, the 22nd.  she didn't ask if I wanted to be induced or anything so I'm wondering if I'll have a say.  of course I should!  especially since I calculated my due date on tons of pregnancy due date calculators and it's actually the 28th, based on my lmp.  so I definitely don't want to be induced a week early!

so at my last dr. appt my mom's car was broken into and my Fawn Design diaper bag was stolen!!  there was nothing of value in it (for them) but it had my first milk snob cover that I nursed Clark with, a romper of his, toys, a gathre mat changing pad, a ring I got for Christmas and the diaper bag itself is very expensive.  I was so sad and upset the whole day,  not to mention Clark didn't get a nap that day because we were at the hospital for hours talking to police and filing reports.  it was a sad day ;(

on a happier note, I'm very grateful that something told me not to bring my wallet that day.  I normally grab it before I go somewhere but I knew I'd already made all the payments to my doctor and wouldn't be needing it so I chose not to take it.  I also usually keep Clark's and new baby's promptly journals in there.  the baby's is filled up through the first three trimesters but Clark's has a year's worth of special memories, notes, pictures, hospital tags, mementos, you name it!  it is irreplacable!!!  I would have been completely devastated if it had been there.  but on this day both of the boys' journals were in another bag safe at home.  so I am truly counting my blessings that nothing was stolen that cannot be replaced.  I'm going to get a new color Fawn Design for this baby (brown) so that will be fun and I already ordered another milk snob.  I hope that thief enjoys their beautiful new diaper bag and nursing cover!

we are officially ready for baby to come any day now...the nursery is painted, the laundry is washed and put away, the house is spotless, the bassinet is set up and now all we need is a b a b y ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment