![]() |
| s e v e n m o n t h s |
![]() |
| Clark at 7 months |
when I look at Dylan these days I hardly see a baby but an active, excited little boy! he's always got his tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth and this look on his face like he's ready for adventure. he is SO curious and smart, wants to explore everywhere and put everything in his mouth. at seven months Dylan loves food, cars, Elmo, and dancing. yup...he's just like Clark! even though I don't think they look anything alike (never have) and their personalities are so different, they like the same things. mostly because Dilly loves everything that Clark loves and really just loves playing with Clark. he's quite a confident booster to Clark because he will laugh at just about everything Clark does so Clark likes having him around ;)
this month has been accident month...first Dylan fell off the bed. the weird thing is I was right there when it happened. still not sure how it happened. Dylan was laying on his tummy completely on the bed with his feet in the middle of the bed and Clark was standing in front of him. I went to pick up a toy off the ground and looked at Dylan as he crawled completely off the bed! he landed on his neck and I was so worried about it but he didn't even have a bruise. he was pretty shaken up about it though and was sad the rest of the day.
then later that week he got his fingers caught in the door jam and I'm not sure if Clark tried to shut the door or Dylan tried to but I heard a terrible cry and found him shaking with his fingers all bruised and swollen. luckily, nothing was broken and the next day he was good as new! but I'm being extra careful now with where I put him and am keeping a closer eye on him. he is lightning quick!! my mom calls him the Flash.
no appointment this month but these are our at home measurements...
seven month stats:
weight: 15 lbs. 12 oz. (8th percentile)
length: 29 in. (97th percentile)
head circ: 17.5 in. (61st percentile)
update: when I originally published this post I had just guessed on his measurements for this month, based on last month and what Clark was at this age, since we hadn't done them yet. now that I've finally done them, I noticed Dylan has lost a pound this month and grown two inches!! I may just be really inaccurate but that's so strange, considering this is the first full month where he's had three solid meals a day! tall and skinny baby!!
♥ ♥ ♥
f i r s t s
♥ swing - he giggled so much and just loved it!
♥ sippy cup - we introduced Dilly to a starter sippy cup with diluted juice and he goes crazy sucking on it but is still getting the hang of drinking. he also has recently started to love taking a bottle (Clark and I have had a few zoo days this month and my mom watches Dylan half the day) and will drink an entire 4 oz. bottle of milk in one sitting!!
♥ mall trip - don't let his smile fool you...he's about as big a fan as Mark & Clark. I guess I need to get a little girlfriend to be my shopping buddy!
♥ tooth - Dylan's bottom teeth popped through! one came in the day before he turned 7 months and the other a few days later. it's about time...he's been teething for months and this past month has been the worst. every morning he's in so much pain and always has tears running down his cheeks. I feel so helpless and I just want to take the pain away from him. Mark and I were discussing what we think teething must feel like and decided it must be like having a canker sore or a pulled muscle. it's probably worse than both!
f a v o r i t e s
♥ swimming - Dylan is such a water baby and will be happy in the pool / bath until we take him out. we had our last swim of the summer a few weeks ago and Steph snapped some adorable pictures.
♥ the rocket ship - Dylan's favorite place to be is inside this rocket ship tent. as soon as I set him down in the game room, he's beelining towards it as fast as he can. he loves lounging in there and looking at the stars but unfortunately, Clark also loves going in there with him and seeing how quickly he can dismantle it. I often find them rolling around in it with the poles all coming out and Dylan trapped inside! but he still kind of loves it, even when Clark's being crazy.
♥ "Elmo Loves Hugs" - this was Clark's favorite book at this age and now Dylan loves it! he loves Elmo just like Clark!
♥ phones / my laptop - Dyl is fascinated with the bright screens and is constantly grabbing for our phones. I got a new phone case the other day that is so pretty but not as protective as my normal one and Dylan was playing with it on the bathroom floor and cracked the side of the screen. a first! so my old case went back on and now I'm extra careful where I let him play with it.
♥ music & dancing
♥ getting stuck in small spaces
♥ balls
e a t
Dylan is a great eater!! he seems especially great lately because Clark is in a phase where he won't eat anything...like not even pizza or sugary cereal!! I just don't get it. Dylan, on the other hand, will eat anything! well, the other day I gave him one food he finally didn't like...peas. but he still ate it! he just started gagging halfway through haha.
Dyl has tried so many fruit and vegetable combinations and loves them all! he especially loves apples, pears, bananas, strawberries, sweet potatoes and carrots. he also loves yogurt and sucking on popsicles. when we first started him on solids I attempted to make him homemade apple sauce. peeled the apples, chopped the apples, cooked the apples, pureed the apples...then he wouldn't eat them! I didn't add any sugar or anything and I don't think he liked the texture. so then I had a huge mess to clean up with a screaming hungry baby. ever since then I buy all my baby food (mostly organic) and even though I feel guilty sometimes, I honestly don't know where I'd find the time to make it. I always read the ingredients and I only buy foods with just pureed fruits and veggies and water or lemon juice. so I really don't think it's hurting him...besides, I grew up eating all store bought baby food and I turned out fine!
anyway, breastmilk is still his main source of nutrition until one years old. Dylan nurses 4-5 times a day, morning, after naps and before bed. he's more easily distracted these days and sometimes cuts our sessions short but other times he loooves to nurse (usually morning and before bed). he gets all comfy and loves to throw his arm out to the side and grab my legs, hands, phone. Clark used to wave his arm around while nursing too!
![]() |
| baby Clark! |
s l e e p
sleep has been a m a z i n g this month! for the past few weeks, Dylan has been sleeping 10-12 hours straight at night!!! now that he's eating 3 solid meals a day, he doesn't wake up to eat at night. hallelujah! sometimes he wakes up around 5 am to nurse if he went to bed early (7 pm) but if he goes to bed between 8 and 9 pm he will usually make it until 7-8 am.
Dyl has a pretty solid nap schedule - still taking 3 naps a day, morning nap at 10 am, nap with Clark at 1:30 pm and late afternoon nap at 4:30-5 pm. it was around this age that Clark switched to two naps a day but we've tried only two naps a couple times and he ended up passing out by 7 pm, exhausted! that means he wakes up earlier so for now we're still keeping the third nap. he usually naps at least an hour, sometimes two. it's sooo nice!
P L A Y / D E V E L O P M E N T
Dilly is the most active, curious little boy! he's so smart and interested in everything we're doing. like I mentioned before, his tongue is always sticking out of the side of his mouth and it's freaking adorable! I think it's from teething and he tries to suck on his tongue but he especially does it whenever he's excited. he amazes us all with how quick he is. he jets across the room like an army soldier trying to dodge a grenade.
some milestones he's hit this month include rocking back and forth on his knees, climbing, pulling up on things, sitting unsupported, racing cars back and forth, and the other day he gave himself a bite of food! my mom says he can also open apps on her phone and I believe it. my next baby is going to come out of the womb texting.
Dylan loves exploring every inch of the house and doesn't hesitate to put his mouth on everything he sees. he loves chasing after Clark and is in heaven whenever Clark shows him any bit of attention or actually shares a toy with him!
even though it can be pretty crazy and stressful having two babies so close together, sometimes I think it's easier having the two of them than it was having just one. they are already entertaining each other and once Dylan is a little older and I'm not so worried about him getting hurt easily, it will be nice to just let them play while I get things done!
Mark says when he sees them together it reminds him of him and Duncan. I hope my boys always stay close and know that they can count on each other for anything. my sister and I are nine years apart and growing up, I always wished we were closer. she was never going through the same trials I was and now she's living the lonely, single life trying to find her place in the world and I'm trying to remember how hard that was to give her advice (although right now living alone and single sounds like a vacation, haha!) but it's hard when you're so far apart in age.
Clark and Dylan are about a year and a half apart and it's my dream that they will be best friends and partners in crime for life. they love each other so much...they have since the day Dylan was born and nothing makes me happier than knowing they have each other.
![]() |
| brothers make the best friends |
♥ ♥ ♥





































No comments:
Post a Comment