| Clark at 6 months |
![]() |
| s i x m o n t h s |
I'm getting to these updates later and later! pretty soon I'll be blogging about Dilly at one year old when he's 5. hahaha, but really, I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this blog up. life is SO busy with two kids!!
I'm always torn between wanting to be in the moment with them making memories and jotting down notes all day long of the things we're doing and the things they're saying to remember those memories! lately, it feels like the blog is pulling me away from time with them and once that happens, I'm going to have to just stick to my baby journals. I'm really trying to keep it up though but a lot of my free time has also been taken by my princess company! that's another post, though :)
okay, on to my sweetheart!
six month stats:
weight: 16 lbs. 9 oz. (30th percentile)
length: 27 in. (60th percentile)
head circ: 17 in. (50th percentile)
♥ ♥ ♥
f i r s t s
♥ trip to the library - earlier this month I took Clark and Dylan to toddler storytime at the library for the first time since they rebuilt after Hurricane Harvey. Clark went to the library for the first time when he was only a few months old and loved it! Dylan was just in awe of everyone and all the colors and sounds. it's gotten a lot more crowded since I took Clark as a baby so it sort of felt like we were sardines and since it's during Dylan's morning nap, my mom has been watching him the past few times when I've taken Clark. maybe now that school has started back up, I'll start taking both of them again.
♥ beach trip
the beach + babies is all kinds of crazy! Clark went to the beach for the first time at almost a year old and hated it! he hated the water, waves, sand, and sun. at almost six months, Dilly was a pretty good sport! Clark had a total blast and so that kept Dylan entertained. they both loved getting in the water and feeling their toes in the sand.
Dilly tried to eat the sand (obviously) and chilled on our mat and in the stroller while I ran around recording Clark and Addison. he nursed and took a little nap too but really wasn't having it after about an hour. I think it'll be awhile before our next beach trip...
♥ swim
we go swimming at least once a week at my parents' and Dylan loves the water as much as Clark!
♥ solid food - Dylan has been ready for solids for awhile now and finally I couldn't wait any longer! one day I was eating strawberries and he was drooling and grabbing at them and finally I just let him suck on one! I know, I know, strawberries are one of those controversial baby foods that supposedly they can be allergic to but I just had to give him a taste. he went crazy!!! this kid LOVES food!!
♥ solid poop - oh boy, I've been waiting for this since his first blowout! we have transitioned into solid poops and I am one happy mama!!!
♥ cold - we hardly knew he was sick because he was still so happy during the day but at night he was uncomfortable and kept waking up because he couldn't breathe through his nose. I remember Clark's first cold and it was a nightmare so this was a breeze in comparison!
f a v o r i t e s
♥ playing with Clark - these two have already started playing together and whenever I walk in on them wrestling or Clark trying to make him laugh, it makes me so happy! I love them so much!!! I'm so glad they have each other. brothers for life.
♥ dancing - one of our favorite things to do as a family is have dance parties in the evenings after dinner. the boys just LOVE it! Dylan gets a kick out of watching Clark dance and Clark has some pretty awesome dance moves and is always coming up with new ones. Dylan does some of his best belly laughing when we're dancing and Clark just thinks everything is hilarious these days so usually everyone is laughing!
♥ putting his fingers in my mouth - Clark also loved doing this at this age! he usually does it while nursing or when we're cuddling at night before bed.
![]() |
| my necklace says Dylan :) |
♥ car rides - I've heard some babies hate the car but both of mine just love it! Dylan gets so excited when I buckle him in like he can't wait to see where we're going (usually to Grandma's!)
e a t
Dylan eats all the time these days!! he's still nursing about every 3 hours and also has two solid meals a day (lunch and dinner). so far, he's eaten everything we've given him! you can definitely tell which foods he likes more than others but he's a champ and will tolerate pretty much any food!! so far he has tried...apples, bananas, oatmeal, pears, peaches, rice cereal, carrots, squash, vanilla greek yogurt, sweet potatoes, green beans, and raspberries! he loves fruits the best (duh).
when we first started solids, his tummy took awhile adjusting. he actually didn't poop for two days, the longest he's ever gone! he was up a lot for a few nights, grunting and pushing and just seeming uncomfortable. but once he had his first solid poop, he seemed much happier. now he poops once a day, right after waking up. we've only had one blowout in the past two weeks!!!
s l e e p
sleep has been all over the place this month! before I had kids, I assumed their sleep would get better as they got older...so not the case! Dylan usually sleeps great for about 3 nights in a row and then has a rough couple of nights and then back to sleeping great and the cycle repeats! this month he was sick and also getting used to digesting solid foods so that explains some of it.
I can't remember when Clark stopped eating through the night but I feel like it was pretty early on...he had a binky though so I didn't always have to nurse him to get him to go back to sleep. I know Clark would get hungry at night during growth spurts so I would be back to night feeding for about a week during those. so far, Dylan pretty much wakes up at least once every night to eat (although, technically sometimes it's not until 4 or 5 am and since he goes to bed at 7:30-8 that means he sleeps 8-9 hours without eating so that is a full night's sleep!) I can always tell he really is hungry too...his tummy's growling and he sucks vigorously!
we finally moved Dylan back to the nursery (as of last night!) he slept so good...8-4 and then went right back to sleep until 8! it feels so good to have our room back but it is annoying to have to go up the stairs. tradeoffs!
p l a y / d e v e l o p m e n t
I haven't mentioned that Dylan started crawling the day he turned six months!!! he started rolling to his side very early on, like his first month of life, so we're not that surprised. Clark wasn't crawling for another couple months! the doctor said he might be walking by 10 months!!
this past week Dylan has started teething and he is miserable!! I feel so helpless and even though we have so many teethers, they only pacify him for so long. he loves sucking on anything cold so I'll give him water bottles to suck on or things from the fridge and he goes crazy! so far no sign of any teeth. I miss my happy baby!
now that Dylan's mobile he's really interested in everything of Clark's! whatever he sees Clark playing with is his new favorite toy...that is, whenever Clark's not looking! Clark's still learning the concept of sharing so right now everything is "mine!" he does give Dylan a toy when we ask him to but he chooses which one very wisely, haha. good thing Dylan's not picky!
we're taking family pictures next month with my sister who's flying in to take photos for my princess company! they are long overdue and I can't wait to have our entire family up on the walls. sometimes I think our little family of 4 is all I'll ever need but then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror holding a baby who has suddenly outgrown the cradle position or I'll watch him crawl across the room and I don't think he could possibly be my last!
he sure is the perfect addition to our family. six months FLEW. he will be running around alongside Clark before I know it. so for now, I'm soaking in every nursing session, kissing those sweet baby toes and chunky thighs, rocking him before bed and singing him to sleep because everyone knows, babies don't KEEP!









































No comments:
Post a Comment