12.19.2018

dylan masters : nine months


You turn 10 months tomorrow!!  You are the cutest 10 month old in the whole wide world!!!!!

Nine months was my absolute favorite month!!!  And now that we are approaching ten months I have a feeling nine months will stay my favorite month for awhile!  You are getting just a little bit, what's the word...WILD!!


We should have named you Dylan Wilde too!  You are seriously the craziest and silliest little boy.  Nothing fazes you, you think you're Superman like your big brother and I'm always like, "You think you can do these things but you just can't, Nemo!"


Dylan at nine months...

♥  can scale the stairs faster than the time it takes for me to notice he's gone
♥ will eat anything he can find, including snacks off the bottom pantry shelf (I caught him with a mouthful of pretzel goldfish one day!)
♥ uses big boxes / toys as a walker to get across the room
♥  enjoys climbing on top of boxes and banging them like a conga drum
♥ gets a thrill from Clark and I chasing him
♥ makes the cutest high pitched squeals like a chipmunk
♥ always has a twinkle in his eye
♥ holds my entire heart in the palm of his little hand


 nine month stats:
weight: 17 lbs. 5 oz. (12th percentile)
length: 29 in. (70th percentile)
head circ: 17.7 in. (46th percentile)


We may have been off on last month's measurements because this month he had his nine month well check and really did not change at all!  The doctor asked us how much he's eating and I told her he loves to eat and will eat anything we feed him, for as long as we keep feeding him.  She said he must just be tiny but we can go ahead and feed him more.  He eats more than Clark but somehow he just stays tiny!!

♥                ♥                ♥

f i r s t s

♥ Infant lap-sit at the library - He showed off crawling around in front of the other babies and loved all the songs!

classic Dylan face!

♥ Halloween!  This year's theme: Rawlings under the sea!

my sweet little Flounder
♥ Home Depot trip w/ Grandad - I'm sure there will be many more of these to come!


♥ Slide



♥ Sitting by himself in a shopping cart - I remember when Clark was little I couldn't wait to do this!!  I had him in there at 6 months propped up with blankets and pillows I would find at the store!  Well, I hadn't even thought about putting Dylan in there until my mom sent me this picture of him and I realized he was big enough!


♥ Word -  bye!  Dilly said bye for the first time after we landed in Georgia.  All of the people passing him were waving and saying "Bye!" and then he started doing it!  It was so adorable!!


♥ Thanksgiving!  We spent Thanksgiving in Georgia (post to come whenever I get around to it!) and had so much fun!  Dylan's favorite holiday so far, haha!


f a v o r i t e s

♥ Opening & shutting doors / cupboards



♥ Turning lights on/off


♥ Being underneath things (blankets, tables, beds)


♥ Crawling around with objects in his mouth like a puppy!

♥ Being chased / chasing Clark!


♥ Standing on top of the dishwasher & taking things out


♥ using the little tykes car (and anything else he can) as a walker to get around the house



♥ Exploring with his big brother


e a t


Dylan is going to live up to the teenage boy stereotype, eating us out of house and home!  Our grocery budget has actually gone up because, unlike his brother who won't eat, I have to fix three solid meals a day for Dylan and he eats everything we give him!  In a way it's pretty refreshing...I will spend time and effort making a meal and someone will actually eat it!!


Dylan's typical meal schedule at 9 months:

wake + nurse (8:30 am)   

breakfast (9:30 am)
oatmeal, banana, english muffin / bread, apple juice

nurse after morning nap (12:30 pm)

lunch (1:30 pm)
ham sandwich, cutie, yogurt, fruit / veggie pouch

nurse after afternoon nap (4:30 pm)

dinner (5:30 pm)
whatever we're eating - meatballs, chicken, rice, pasta, etc. w/ a fruit / veggie pouch

nurse before bed (7:30 pm)

^ I copied that chart above from Clark's 9 month blog and it's amazingly similar!!  I guess I'd forgotten Clark wasn't that picky yet at 9 months.  Uh-oh, hopefully Dylan stays like this!


We are still nursing four times a day - morning, night and after both naps.  I cherish these sessions because I know they won't last.  He has become SO restless and wild while nursing.  Usually he's standing up or practically hanging off the chair, laying upside down, kicking his feet up on me, and always popping off and craning his neck around if Clark happens to walk by.  Sometimes, the easiest thing is just sitting down on the floor while he plays and leaving one (or both) breasts exposed and letting him suck as he pleases.  It's pretty hilarious!!  But I'll do anything to keep nursing.

My milk supply has really dwindled and I can hardly pump anything anymore.  Sometimes I consider supplementing but then I know our nursing relationship will be over like that.  I have been so busy these days with my princess business and taking care of the kids and the house and my calling and the crazy holiday season that I haven't been eating.  Mark doesn't understand how I don't make time to eat but I just find it so hard!  I've lost a lot of weight and I'm sure that's why my milk supply is down so I'm really trying to make an effort to eat regularly.

s l e e p


Okay so just this past week we have finally hit a sleep regression!  Although it may just be that he's  been sick.  So, the night of my birthday, when I put Dylan down to sleep he grabbed my hand and held it under him.  It was so sweet and when I tried to take it back, he held on tighter and giggled!  I let him hold it there for a little while and then I gently moved it and he went to sleep.

The next night he did the same thing but when I moved my hand and went to leave he started crying and stood up.  I had to keep laying him back down but every time I went to leave he would stand up again!  It was like baby Clark was back!!  Finally I just left with him standing and after a few minutes he went to sleep (baby Clark never did that!)  But then he woke up right when we were going to sleep, around 11.  He normally cries out but goes right back to sleep.  After about 10 minutes I went up and tried nursing him and he calmed down.  But then when I tried to put him down again he started crying.  I nursed him again and then the same thing happened.  He was awake for two hours that night (unheard of for him!) and finally we put the humidifier in his room, gave him Tylenol and he was able to fall asleep.

The next night was better.  He did the same thing when I put him down but went to sleep after about 15 minutes.  Then he woke up later in the night but went back down after Mark rubbed his back for 10-15 minutes.  Since then, he's been doing better...he still stands up when we go to leave but then he will lay back down and go to sleep after 5-10 minutes.  Sometimes Mark goes in to rub his back...and he usually wakes up once (sometime between 10 and 12) and it takes 10-20 minutes for him to fall back asleep.

When Clark went through this phase of separation anxiety, it lasted for weeks (maybe months, off and on).  But since Dylan is a totally different sleeper than Clark, I don't think it's going to be the same kind of thing.  I really think it's mainly because Dyl has been sick this week and was having trouble breathing through his nose because he sucks his fingers at night.  Considering what we've been going through with Clark ever since we got back from Georgia though, Dilly is still a dream sleeper!!  Oddly enough, Dylan crying at night has helped us with Clark because we tell him we have to go help Dylan.  Then Clark will lay down and wait for us and usually falls asleep before we come back!

p l a y / d e v e l o p m e n t


Dilly LOVES to play and explore independently.  Whenever we're at Grandma's (whose house has been under construction for his entire life!), he has to be held because it's too dangerous to let him crawl around.  He squirms and wiggles and squeals until we finally let him down.  He loves investigating and discovering the most dangerous things - outlets, glass ornaments, balloons, the fireplace, tiny objects, Clark's potty, the trash, you name it!


this month Dyl started dancing, clapping, waving, hiding, pushing things while walking, and unwrapping presents!  Some of his favorite things to do are wrestling Clark on the floor (until someone gets hurt), hiding inside the cupboards, eating, turning the lights on and off, attacking the Christmas train, watching Elmo brush his teeth, stroller rides, going new places, swinging, listening to stories, and snuggling with mom.


Dylan's first plane ride was one word - unforgettable
hiding!


I'm so excited for your first Christmas Dylan!!!  You make everything so much more fun with your sweet spirit, silly personality and all the love you have for your family.  Sometimes when we're all eating dinner together or playing before bed, I catch a glimpse of our little family from an outside view and I realize how blessed we are.  You and Clark are the best thing to ever happen to us!


The other day I said to you, "How do you make me so happy??"  I'm always so excited to see your sweet face smiling up at me first thing in the morning!  Your joy and laughter is contagious, you make us all so happy!  Sometimes my heart feels like it's going to burst from happiness.  What did I ever do without my sweet baby Dylan??  I love you so much it hurts.



♥                ♥                ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment