Well, it took a national pandemic and stay-at-home order but I'm BACK to blogging!!! Haha, the social distancing guidelines have forced me to slow down with my princess company, although we are still doing virtual princess visits and videos. I've actually had time to catch up on things in my life! I re-organized all our junk drawers, put away Dylan's baby clothes, updated my website, and we are potty training Dylan!!! More on that in another post.
We celebrated Dylan's 2nd birthday a few months ago and it was so much fun! We had an Oh TWOdles party and transformed our house into Dylan's Clubhouse!!!
I traded services with a company called Toddler Towns and they did the whole set-up! We will be doing a Frozen party for them when the social distancing order is lifted. Everyone had so much fun!!!
I had a lot of fun with the food for this one! My friend Stefanie made the yummy S'mores cake and my mom made the hot diggity dogs and Mickey Mouse cupcakes!
Friends we invited included the Hansen family (Sam, Ben, & Jo), Elms family (Hanley, Nolan & Holly), Andrade's (Annie, Oliver & Mila), Kosmicki's (Rachel, Hazel & Melanie), Lancaster's (Henry & Hannah), Evie Johnson, Britney Lopez, and of course Grandma, Grandad, YaYa & Kara & Baby Kent! Dylan loved opening his presents and he got so many PJ Masks things - his latest obsession!
I still haven't done Dylan's 2 year update because we have yet to do his 2 year well check. Our appointment was right after the social distancing order so we will have to re-schedule when everything in the world goes back to normal. I'm so glad we got to have Dylan's party a month before all of this happened! I have had to cancel or postpone all my upcoming princess parties and it's so sad for the kids! I have been making FaceTime calls or recording videos for all the kids whose parties we missed (and lots more kids) so that's been fun! And we've been able to do them for kids all over the country. We're making calls for kids in Poland next week!! It's nice to know for at least a few minutes I can help them to forget the chaos going on in the world and bring a little magic into their day :)
We have been so lucky to pretty much be unaffected by this whole thing. Mark still has his job, I'm still able to do virtual parties, we are all healthy, and our kids weren't in school anyway so they haven't noticed much of a difference, other than seeing less of their friends and public places. We really don't leave the house, especially now that we're potty training. It's been pretty stressful but as of today we're one week in and I think it's finally starting to click. Dylan is so smart so I think he understood the whole concept right away but he is very stubborn and wanted to use the potty on his own terms. This afternoon he started running to the potty to pee and even pooped a little in the potty, although he pooped under the table shortly after, but it's all about progress!! I'm so proud of my big boy and can't believe he's not a baby anymore. There have been lots of extra cuddle sessions this week, kisses (Dylan loooves kissing, especially me!), and asking me to hold him and I don't mind one bit. I'm sad he's growing up but he will always be my baby. We love you Dylan!!!




































No comments:
Post a Comment