5 Professions
1. Voice Over Actress
As a little girl I used to memorize Disney movies and on long car rides, my brother and I would recite the whole movie back and forth, playing all the characters. I loved trying to imitate different cartoon voices and eventually started making up my own, for people, animals (our pets) and my toys. When I got older, I developed a love for acting and have been pursuing a career as an actress while studying at USC's School of Dramatic Arts. The biggest problem with a career as an actress is the amount of trash that's being made out there so the competition for the really good stuff is crazy. The thing I love about voice acting is that it's pure and fun and all completely within my standards. I am currently represented by a fantastic voice over agent at Coast to Coast and working on a general audition for Disney! Here are a few of the characters I created (too bad you can't hear their voices!)
![]() |
| Sarah, a southern ballerina |
In another life I would have loved to be 5'11, with long legs and a perfect face because I mean, how awesome is the life of a model! You get paid to wear high fashion, designer clothes and look pretty all day! Haha, I know there's a lot more to it than that. I just think that is like the pinnacle of glamour. And I actually have done a little modeling myself! I guess I have the perfect size feet for shoe modeling (6 in case you were wondering) so I did that and got paid in shoes! Modeling also comes in handy for taking amazing headshots to get you in the door. Here is one of my favorite shots!
3. Fashion Designer
So besides the fact that I know nothing about sewing, I am VERY into clothes and high fashion (if you didn't get that from the last job). And that's pretty much all it takes to be a fashion designer, right? I'm also like the worst drawer ever so it'd be hard getting my ideas across but I still think it would be fun. Mary-Kate and Ashley are my inspirations because I'm pretty sure they get paid like a billion dollars to tell people their ideas and don't do any of the actual designing so that would be the ideal job for me.
4. Interior Decorator
My childhood best friend's mom is an interior decorator and their house looked like something out of a magazine! You should have seen that place at Christmas. Like a winter catalog! Her mom is just so sophisticated and classy too so I associate that with her job. I also actually do have skills in this area! I'm very organized and pay strong attention to detail. I love making our bed in the morning and trying to copy Pottery Barn displays. :)
5. Mother
Last but definitely not least, this is actually a job I'm going to have someday! I definitely think this is the most rewarding job a girl can have and I am so excited to be a mom! I'm currently learning all about what to expect when you're expecting and how to take care of a baby...hopefully I will be able to put this information to good use in the near future!
![]() |
| My husband holding our newborn niece |







Catherine! I love your answers! I think I probably could have guessed most of your top 5! They all sound like something you'd be amazing at...and you will DEFINITELY be an amazing mother! I can't wait for you to have littles so mine and yours can play together at reunions! Thanks for linking up :] xoxo
ReplyDeleteVoice Over Actress!! Awesome!! If I could do character voices, I'd so be down for that as a job!!
ReplyDeleteThose are great! I love the voice over actress! I would have never thought of that!
ReplyDeleteElise @ Harvey Ever After