4.17.2014

Summer come faster

Wow I have been waiting for this day to come for the past two weeks and now that it's finally here I can't believe I made it!  This week I had something huge due for three of my five classes at USC.  A Physics midterm on Quantum Mechanics (one of the levels of Hell, I can assure you), a 10 page research paper for my advanced writing class and a midterm in Shop (some of the most random, useless information I've ever learned).  I have been stressing so much with all the studying and writing and re-writing (I spent over 40 hours writing that paper) and the worst part wasn't how much work I had but how hard the work has been.  I felt so lost on my paper and let me just tell you right now, I am NOT a Math and Science person.  I took a beginning level Algebra class my first semester of college and I spent more time on that class than every other class combined and still barely got a B!!!  It's not from lack of trying, it's from a complete inability to comprehend the information.  Numbers just don't make sense in my artistic brain.  Ahhh I'm so happy I will never have to take another test by this time next month!

Mark has the day off work tomorrow and we wanted to go to Disneyland but unfortunately, I have two classes I can't afford to miss (did I mention how much I hate school?)  So we are going to have a mini vacation and maybe go camping or go stay in a hotel somewhere far away from the city and just get away from it all...he's been having a rough time at work too.  For the first time I'm finally beginning to understand just how demanding his job is and he gets very little sleep (we usually go to bed at 11 and he has to get up at 5:15).  He is such a trooper though, never complaining and always trying his best.

So now that I'm almost done with school, everyone seems to be asking me what I'm going to do when I graduate.  I just can't wait to do NOTHING!!!  Is it weird that I have no ambition to go out and get a job?  Maybe I would have more motivation if I wasn't married and my husband couldn't provide for us both but since he can (and since I majored in Theatre) all I want to do is pursue acting, which is a full-time job in itself.  I'm getting ready for my general audition at Disney and after that I just want to keep going at it and not have to worry about fitting in auditions with a pointless job that I don't care about.

Ever since I was a little girl I've always wanted to do something in the entertainment industry.  I wanted to be a singer, a dancer, a princess (actually I made that one come true) and now an actress!  People always told me I would grow up and change my mind and want to pursue a "real career" but I knew I never would and now I'm about to graduate college and still have no interest in working at a "real job".  Your job is essentially your life.  You are doing it more than you are at home or on vacation so I think that you should LOVE what you do or why do it at all?  I never understand people who just want to make a lot of money because what's the point if you're spending all your time making money and you never get to enjoy it?  I hate being stressed out and it seems like jobs where you make a ton of money require high stress.  Maybe it's because I'm a perfectionist and those jobs are impossible to get everything done perfectly so I would be constantly unhappy...

Either way, I'm just glad I have a husband so I'm not forced to get a real job that I hate just so I can support myself.  So this summer I will be pursuing acting, working on my voiceover character repertoire, interning at Coast to Coast where I can get the inside scoop on what goes on in a talent agency and will finally have time to learn to cook and clean and read for fun and work out and enjoy my life!!!  Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment