After we were sick of videos I decided we needed to write in our blog. Together. So we will alternate every other paragraph and only write about what's going on in the other person's life to see how much we really know about each other. Okay, my turn first!
So Mark has been pretty tied up at work the past few weeks. He has more projects coming in than he has time to do so whenever he catches up, he immediately falls behind again. Something like that would drive me crazy but it doesn't seem to bother Mark. He lets me know what's going on but he never complains. He's so optimistic and happy all the time and when he comes home from work he just cares about my day and my problems and they consume him until he helps me solve them.
Catherine is working on her last official semester of college and really just trying to get through. Her biggest concerns right now are her advanced writing ten page research paper and her crazy geology class that has yet to talk about rocks. She is realizing that there are only 25 days left in the semester and although that is such a joy, it means that everything is due before. She is wondering if the world is going to end before that and wants so badly to bank on it ending, but diligently pushes forward studying and writing clawing her way through to the finish line.
Mark should never have gone into the powdered metal manufacturing industry but instead should have become a chef. In fact, I tell him all the time we both need to move to a small town and open a fancy restaurant. He can do all the cooking and I can do all the serving in a cute 50's girl outfit...not that he specializes in hamburgers & shakes or anything but I'm really considering getting a job at our adorable regular Friday night restaurant Cafe 50's simply because the girls walk around in cute 50's outfits!! They play 50's music and have the walls covered in movie posters and magazine ads from the 50's and they have over 42 different kinds of shakes!!! It's such a great, friendly atmosphere! Oh and they even have board games for you to play while you wait for your food!

But I digress...no we wouldn't open a 50's diner, probably a fancy Italian restaurant or just a fancy restaurant in general. I guess I couldn't wear the 50's girl outfit then... ANYWAY he is a fabulous cook and cooks dinner for me every single night!!! I am so spoiled by him seriously. I do my part by washing the dishes and setting the table but I have tried cooking for us and it's just embarrassing so why not let him do what he's great at?! :)
When Catherine isn't working on school she is making her characters for a Disney general. A general is a collection of different characters a voice over actor can do that is given to a production company to pull from whenever they are looking for an actor. The company will only keep an actors general if they decide they are good enough, so the real audition is the general. After that it is only a matter of time befor they call you to play a role or two and hopefully the carreer cruises on from there. Catherine has been given this opportunity through her new VO agent Porche (that's how you spell the car, I don't know how she spells it haha). Porche believes Catherine will be on a Disney show by years end! Well as we all know Catherine is going above and beyond for this general. Porche asked her to develop 5 voices. Catherine took that as developing 5 characters including backstory, plot lines, and the characters image. She has basically written out 5 ideas for short animated features. Its part of her character development and her way of acting. You really can't just tell her to be like this or sound like this. She needs to be the character and know who they are. We went on a hike on saturday and I got to hike with a 12 year old boy inventor named teddy, a ballet dancing giraffe, and a soap bubble named dawn. It was fun. I love that Catherine loves playing such innocent young characters and I get to be a part of their stories.
![]() |
| Teddy, 12 year old kid inventor, drawn by my talented cousin Jenna Hamzawi |
![]() |
| Sarah, a southern ballerina |
![]() |
| Dawn, a British bubble |
Sometimes I try to imagine what a fly on the wall in our apartment would think of Mark and I. I think he would notice right away that I do about 85% of the talking. Mark doesn't mind though...I don't think, haha. He's a really good listener...he doesn't just pretend he's listening like most guys would, he truly listens to everything I'm saying and whenever I let him get a word in, he's trying to give me helpful advice or let me know that he understands how I'm feeling. While I do most of the talking, Mark initiates most of the cuddling. He's always giving me kisses on my forehead or I'll catch him staring lovingly at me while we're watching something. Then again I also tend to randomly crawl into his lap and wrap myself around him at least once a day so maybe we're tied on that front. We are definitely newlyweds! And now I'm excited to read all of his parts because we weren't allowed to while we wrote (his idea).





No comments:
Post a Comment