5.15.2015

Mother's Day Weekend

Mark and I had a mini vaca in Palos Verdes last weekend, visiting his mom for Mother's Day. On Saturday morning we drove down and stopped at Krispy Kreme on the way! I hadn't been there in over 5 years so it was well deserved. Those things melt in your mouth! YUM!

When we got to PV, Mark fixed Remi's oven while I helped Chip shell pistachios in preparation for Mother's Day dinner on Sunday. Then Mark and I went to TJ Maxx, my favorite place ever (along with Marshall's)! I could spend hours in that store (and did)! They have the cutest selection of notebooks with adorable sayings and cute colors! I get one like every time I go. This time I got one for my princess party company I'm starting (have I even mentioned that at all?) and another one that's going to be my pregnancy notebook where I write down info from doctor's appointments and any questions that come up, along with weekly updates on my pregnancy!  Aren't they beautiful? Guess which is which.



Then we went to Wal-Mart, a must any time we come to PV since for some reason Wal-Mart doesn't seem to exist anywhere else in southern California! We had to replace our tack board for the kitchen that broke and so we upgraded with a stainless steel magnetic dry-erase board! We also got a scale so I can track my weight during pregnancy.

After that, we went on a walk along the cliffs at sunset and it was breathtaking!!! I was literally blown away by the beauty.



We actually took some selfies which we never remember to do and it's pretty much always just the two of us so we never get pictures together! I think we are getting better at it, what do you think?




Life is pretty amazing right now. Nothing too exciting happening just yet but so many wonderful things in our future to look forward to. And the best part is I get to do it all with this guy.


On Sunday all the siblings came over and we made Remi dinner!  On the menu...

Grilled Salmon
Fresh Chilean Sea Bass
Beef Tenderloin
Couscous w/ toasted pine nuts
Kale Salad w/ dried cranberries & pistachios
Steamed Asparagus & String Beans
Fresh fruit
Raspberry Crustata

My plate
All in all, a great, relaxing weekend. We have a ton of fun stuff to look forward to this month so I will actually have stuff to blog about!  And this weekend we're going to...SAN DIEGOOOOO!!!  I am SOOOOO excited!  We are going to the famous San Diego Zoo!!!  And lots of other little adventures await us, can't wait, can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment