Mark and I had a wonderful time in San Diego!!! We haven't had many vacations together since we've been married and we figure we better cram them all in now before we have a baby. We were able to go to San Diego because Mark had work down there Monday and Tuesday so we made a mini vaca out of it and headed down on Saturday morning. Our first stop? The San Diego Zoo!
Mark and I have never been to the zoo together and I LOVE going to the zoo. The San Diego Zoo is so famous so we were really excited to go! We got to the zoo around noon and were able to see pretty much everything before the zoo closed at 6.
Our first stop...the flamingo's!
I've seen flamingo's before but for some reason I never thought about how amazing they are. These are naturally PINK animals that relax by standing on one foot! Crazy! Look at how they sleep with their head tucked away into their feathers, along with their other foot. I've been having trouble getting comfortable lately while sleeping...maybe I should try that position.
Next, we saw the cute monkeys! They are always my favorite!
| Livin' the good life |
| Rafiki! |
This little guy was so cute and animated! People were throwing him berries and he was like 10 cappucino's alert and ready, haha. He was so fast and would catch them and eat them and be ready for the next in 2 seconds. Adorable.
We saw some pretty ugly creatures too...
My very favorite animals were the gorillas!!! We stayed and watched them for like 20 minutes. They are so humanlike, it's crazy! The gorillas were the celebrities of the zoo.
When the daddy came out, there were audible oooh's and aaah's from the crowd. He was massive and so intimidating. He walked out like a model on a runway and hit all his spots to poise for pictures. Then he just sat and surveyed the crowd.
When the mama first came out her little baby was wrapped around her foot as she walked. Precious!!! I didn't get a picture of that because I was just in love, staring. But then she pulled him off her foot and threw him on her back.
How precious is that???
Then we stopped by the orangutans and I got pretty attached to them too. Maybe because our hair was the same color...
| Mama feeding her baby |
That little baby was go, go, go! She never stopped moving. The mom stayed under that blanket and would throw it off every 5 minutes or so to see where her baby went and then would go back inside, haha. Parenting from the couch at its finest.
There was a 30-45 minute wait for the giant panda's but we figured we had nothing better to do so...
Then we went to the Arctic to see the polar bears! They were so big and beautiful.
The most majestic creature in the park was the jaguar. True perfection right there.
| She is so gorgeous! |
We got bored while waiting for the elephants to come out and play...
| Hahaha this kills me! |
| This little cutie was smiling at us as she ate :) |
Some people were feeding the camels but we decided we did not want to risk getting spit on.
| Timon! |
The tallest giraffe (alpha male?) kept trying to get leaves off a branch about 3 inches above his head. He was sticking his black tongue out as far as he could and trying to wrap it around the branch. Some people passed by and said, "Look, he's still trying to get those leaves," and he was trying for about 20 minutes while we were standing there so I'm guessing he had been trying for at least an hour. Well, right before we left, he got them!!! Then after he bit them off the branch went flying back up, haha! But he figured out how to get them faster after that. I was so proud of our little giraffe!
| That's him, in the corner, and those leaves above his head were his goal! |
| The other giraffe's were just fine eating the food provided for them |
Next, we headed to our hotel and there was a Benihana next door! My favorite! These are the only pictures I took because as the food got yummier, I stopped taking pictures and started eating, ha.
| Best soup ever! |
| Their dressing is to die for |
| Our chef was so funny! |
No comments:
Post a Comment