8.04.2015

Masters Family Vacation: Part 1


This year we went to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida for our annual Masters Family vacation!  And we had such a great time!  There's nothing I love more than being with my family...playing games, going out to eat, exploring, doing all the touristy things, riding in the car together, and even fighting together.  I feel like these times with my family are going to be harder to come by in just a few short years and that makes them even more special.  My family may not be perfect but they're mine and I wouldn't change them for anything!

Travel Day!
We took two flights to get to Florida, one ironically stopping in Houston, while my family drove the 16 hours to get there, so can't complain!

Once we got there, we were starving because travel days always mean no food (we literally walked off one plane and on to the other without stopping!)  So we headed to the only place open all night...IHOP!  We ordered so much food we couldn't fit everything on the table!


The next day, Sunday, we just stayed in, relaxed and played games.  My favorite!

They finished this in ONE DAY!
So our game of choice for the week was The Game of Things.  It's a simple concept...you take turns answering questions like "Things you shouldn't do at a party," "Things that make you giggle," "Things that you wish were real," etc. and then you have to guess who said what.  What made it even more fun was this Helium app that Steph and Sean kept using the entire trip to secretly record us saying funny things and it would make our voices sound all high and cartoony and make us look funny!  It made for some pretty awesome, laugh until you pee your pants videos like the one below...
I think the question was "Things you don't want to know about your grandma!"


Mark and I made our famous Asian Salmon bowls for dinner.  Everyone loved them!  Even Steph and she's a vegan (we made hers an Asian Tofu bowl).

One hot chef right there ;)
The fixings!
After dinner we took a walk along the ocean as the sun went down.  We basically had the beach to ourselves and it was so beautiful!

Just a girl and her ocean :)




The next day we hit the beach!  Our hotel wasn't right on the beach but it was a short 5 min walk across the street.  The water felt amazing, like a bathtub!  I also decided that my new favorite thing is being in Mark's arms while floating in the ocean.  Heaven, pure heaven.  I can't remember the last time I felt so happy and perfectly at peace.

Beach Bunnies :)
All the kiddos
Our umbrella did not live up to its full potential
More pictures and hilarious videos to follow.  Florida, I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment