9.01.2015

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Gilbert, Arizona Temple
August must be wedding season!  Mark and I have been to two weddings in the past two weeks!  Such a fun and busy month but I'm kind of ready for September!  The start of cooler weather (it's only supposed to be in the 80's this week...woot, woot!), falling leaves, and (maybe!) a baby the size of a chia seed in my tummy!  Haha, IF I am pregnant that is how big our baby is right now!  So cute, right!?

So for our first wedding this month, Mark and I took a road trip to Arizona for Taylor and Amanda's wedding.  I haven't been to Arizona since our family reunion at the Grand Canyon like 15 years ago and I was in no way prepared for the heat!  When we stopped for gas somewhere in the middle of the desert I felt like we were in an oven!  The heat hits you so hard you can barely breathe and it's so dry!  It doesn't feel real.  I checked the weather, thinking it had to be at least 100 degrees.  Try 115!!!  That is the hottest weather I've ever been in EVER.  Pretty cool actually, hah.

When we got there on Friday night, Mark went out to dinner with the boys for Taylor's bachelor party while I relaxed at the hotel.  I had Chick-Fil-A, watched HGTV and took TWO showers!  That's my kind of night. :)

On Saturday we attended their sealing at 10:00 am.  I've only attended two other temple sealings in my life (my own and my sister-in-law Esther's) so it's all still a new experience for me.  I always think back to my own beautiful sealing and how I cried like a baby! Good thing I'm not the only bride that does that! Amanda (and Taylor!) shed some tears, which may have made me cry too.  Weddings are so beautiful!


After the sealing, we all endured the heat for some pictures as long as we could stand.




This dreamboat of mine...
Then I went with all the groomsmen (so glad there will finally be another girl joining the group!) to Smashburger for lunch.  So good!  I highly recommend the Birthday Cake shake :)  After lunch, Mark and I went back to our hotel and took a nap!  Hah.  We are such an old married couple....okay we didn't sleep the WHOLE time ;) maybe we are still newlyweds, haha.

Then we got ready for the reception.  We really lucked out because our hotel ended up being next door to where they had the reception.  We were also really close to the temple, unlike the rest of the groomsmen who thought they were getting married in the Phoenix temple and ended up staying like 30 minutes away!

They had their reception at the Ashley Castle.  So cool!






I loved the little courtyard and gazebo!  So perfect for a wedding.  But with the heat, we were actually inside the entire time.  Everything looked so pretty inside too!




Ice Cream Bar!
We wanted to have an ice-cream bar at our wedding but it didn't end up happening...wasn't really right for Fall.  But I maybe had two servings of ice-cream at theirs...

I met one of Mark's old friends named Charlie and his wife Rachel and their ADORABLE baby Zoe!  Ahhh she was so cute and made me so baby crazy!  When will our baby get here???

All in all, a beautiful wedding and a great time for the two of us. We should probably cherish this time we have as just the two of us while we can. It's so hard though when all I think of and dream about are babies and more babies!! Baby hurry soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment