but for 45 minutes on friday I went out with my dad. alone. with no baby!
![]() |
| picture or it didn't happen |
it was my first time away from Clark since he was born. it felt sort of like leaving without one of my legs! we had just gone on a walk around the block and my mom made brunch for everyone. by the way, let me just say without my mom I don't think I would have eaten these past three weeks! she is amazing!
anyway, so after we ate my dad announced he was off to run some errands. I said, "boy, I'm jealous. that sounds great!" and he said I should come. I just laughed but he said it wouldn't be very long and after about 10 minutes of convincing me it would be okay to leave my baby for less than an hour we were off!
first we went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. then we went to another store to pick up an order he had placed. the whole thing took all of 45 minutes. it was so much fun!
haha I guess you could say I've been going a little stir crazy. I feel like a feeding machine lately...Clark eats about every two hours during the day and it usually takes a half an hour to feed him. that leaves me 90 minutes in between feeds. and that's if he isn't fussy or wanting to be held or needing to be changed. so needless to say I do not have much time to do anything. the other day I actually breastfed him while going to the bathroom! hey you gotta do what you gotta do.
![]() |
| I spy a little hand! |
on the bright side, he is already sleeping through the night! (probably because he's eating so much during the day.) we have no idea how long he would actually sleep but we usually wake him after 6-7 hours. getting 6 straight hours of sleep at night is amaaazing!
parenthood has definitely been the biggest adjustment of my life. I used to think it would be so much fun playing mommy...dressing, feeding, and bathing my sweet baby. I'm not sure I would call any of that "fun" anymore. do you know how hard it is to dress a squirming, screaming baby? and breastfeeding has only recently become tolerable in terms of the pain. forget baths...Clark is cold and crying and we both just want it to be over with!
but even though I can't imagine a harder job, I also can't imagine a more rewarding one. the love I have for this baby is more than I ever thought possible. he is my whole world now and I'd do anything for him.





No comments:
Post a Comment