we celebrated sweet Mark's birthday over the weekend by throwing him a surprise party! I was pretty sure he was on to us but he said he had no idea, which means poor thing must have thought we all forgot about him! I kept telling him throughout the day, "are you having a good day?" "does it feel like your birthday?" and he just said "yeah, I never really do anything on my birthday." my dad actually put him and Sean to work helping him put up a new fence so he spent the entire morning doing manual labor. he said he liked being able to do service on his birthday :)
in the afternoon we went swimming while Clark napped and the water felt amazing! yesterday was officially 6 weeks postpartum so I am now allowed to work out and go swimming (and have sex, ha we'll see!) in the pool we were really giddy, acting like newlyweds and I wished I had taken advantage of how much freedom and time we had together before Clark. I love Clark more than anything but first I loved his daddy and it's so hard to find that time together anymore. luckily we have been able to go on a date every weekend while my parents watch the baby and those are my favorite two hours of the whole week.
![]() |
| a time before Clark! two lovebirds sitting in a tree :) |
so for the surprise party the plan was for Mark and I to drive around looking at houses while everyone set up for the party. my mom was making his favorite dinner: pork chops & applesauce, mashed potatoes & gravy and salad. Sean and Kara picked up his cookies 'n cream ice-cream cake I ordered from Marble Slab. they weren't sure if it was the right cake because it said, "happy birthday daddy". Sean read it in a creepy, sexy voice and was sure it couldn't be the right one! oh brother (literally), it's Mark's first birthday as a daddy!
Mark and Clark wore matching arsenal jerseys and looked absolutely adorable. I love them so much!!!
even though Mark doesn't really get excited, I could tell he loved that we surprised him. when we walked in, they played the Beatles' "birthday" song and everyone had party hats on, including the dog! we put one on Clark too for like 5 seconds and he looked precious!
after dinner Mark opened his presents and Clark was so happy and good! he danced to the music the whole time and was just super chill.
![]() |
| caught dancing! |
Mark's big present was new ray ban glasses that haven't come in yet but he looks so good in them! he hasn't gotten new glasses since before his mission and he really needed them. I also got him a picture of him and Clark for his office and an aqua shirt (my favorite color on him!).
![]() |
| my long card! |
my parents got him a lunchbox (he has been using an urban outfitters bag ever since I can remember) and a superman t-shirt.
Sean, Kara, Summer and Chad went in together and got him a nice Houston Texans polo. welcome to Texas!
after presents we played games and Clark's present to his daddy was sleeping 8 hours straight! ever since we put him in his crib he has been sleeping so good! typically we get a 5-6 hour stretch, a quick feed and then he falls straight back to sleep for another couple hours. definitely takes after his daddy!
28 was a great year for Mark. new job, new baby, and soon we will have a new house! life is good.















No comments:
Post a Comment