8.03.2016

Clark's baby blessing


on Sunday Mark gave Clark his baby blessing in church with lots of family in attendance.  I was pretty nervous about the whole thing since we hadn't been able to make it to church ever since they changed our meeting time to 8:30 am.  Clark cluster feeds in the mornings since he sleeps so long at night and we just never made it out the door.  but there was no way he could not show up for his own blessing so come hell or high water we were making it that Sunday!  luckily he was sound asleep when we got there but just as I suspected, he immediately started crying once mark took him out of his carseat for the blessing.


he continued to fuss on their way up there but as soon as Mark started the blessing he was silent!  Kara told Sean it was so abrupt she wondered what they had done to him, haha!  it was either the work of God and His angels or the fact that everyone in the circle was swaying Clark up and down "like his own personal water bed," as Sean described.  I like to think it was the former. :)

while Mark was giving Clark his blessing I felt the spirit so strong.  tears came to my eyes as I listened to Mark's voice and the wonderful things he said about Clark's life.  he will be a peacemaker and a joy to others. he will be an example and a leader in our family.  he will be a pillar of strength as he goes through many changes in this world.  I could feel the Lord's love for Clark as Mark spoke and I'm so proud of my son already and all the good he will do in this world and the happiness he will bring others.

my two favorite boys!
after church we headed back to our house for family pictures and lunch.  Mark's father Chip regaled us with his wonderful stories and I loved having our families talk and get to know each other better.  this was the first time both my parents had met his dad since he was still serving his mission in Finland at our wedding!


what a wonderful weekend with family!  we also had a super fun time visiting with Mark's good family friends (and his boss' parents) the Carruth's from PV.  Mark's parents stayed with them since our house was full.  they have a lake house and so we had all kinds of fun playing out on the lake!  more on that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment