10.11.2015

5 Week Bumpdate

WEEK 5

Baby is the size of an appleseed!




I made it to Week 5!!!  I never doubted I would but I think Mark did, he made me take another pregnancy test today and it was positive in 3 seconds flat!  The darkest one yet :)


Ever since we've been trying (since April) I've re-calculated my due date every month that I get my period, thinking up creative ways to announce based on the month!  My chemical pregnancy due date was the day before Valentine's Day!  I was so excited for our little baby love and we would have announced in October saying, "Expecting a little pumpkin, February 13, 2016" with us holding a baby pumpkin in front of my belly!  Cute, right?!

Well, NOW, we get to announce AT CHRISTMAS!!!  Best Christmas surprise ever!!!  I started thinking that might be a real possibility come August and we weren't pregnant again.  (We would have announced at Thanksgiving).  But I knew if we got pregnant either September or October then the 2nd trimester would hit right around Christmas!  I'm SOOOO excited but this is the hardest secret to keep for 3 whole months!!!  We actually have to wait until I'm 15 weeks to announce at Christmas but it will be SO worth the wait to see the look on my parents' faces when they open their Christmas presents!  I can go ahead and tell you our ideas because I won't be publishing these bumpdates until after we announce.

We're thinking of mugs for my parents that say "Grandma / Grandpa Est. June 2016" (YES baby is due in JUNE!!!)  This will be my parents' first grandbaby!!!  So exciting!!!  It will be Chip and Remi's 6th and since they already have 8 kids, another grandbaby isn't as big of a deal but my mom is going to spoil our baby rotten!!  For my sister, I'm thinking something like this...


Sean and Kara will be in Hawaii for Christmas so we're thinking of sending them t-shirts that say something like...



Haha, I think it's cute!  And we're going to send Christmas cards to all our family and close friends with a picture of our mantle and two stockings plus a baby size stocking!!!  The tagline: Hoping your Christmas is a bundle of joy.  Baby Rawlings Coming June 2016!

Ahhh now can you see why I'm so excited?!?!  I even downloaded a Christmas countdown app on my phone!  Haha, 74 more days.  Ahhh, an eternity!

The only person we are telling before Christmas is Mark's mom because we need her help!  She makes all the kids and grandkids stockings and we want her to do something cute to our baby stocking!  She will have to keep it a secret though!

OKAY, finally moving on to my bumpdates for this week in my pregnancy journey!

How far along? 5 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss? About a pound of bloating!
Maternity clothes? Haha, actually yes!  Yesterday Mark and I had a mall date and I got some new leggings that aren't specifically maternity but several pregnant mom blogs I follow highly recommended them before, during, and after pregnancy!  They're called HUE leggings and you can get them at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Macy's, etc.  They are SO soft and comfy, like a second skin, with plenty of room to grow :)
Stretch marks? At 5 weeks?  I hope not!  I'm already using Palmer's cocoa butter after showers and yesterday I snatched up some pumpkin body butter from Trader Joe's that I'm excited to use for Fall!
Sleep? My breasts are so sore and I sleep on my stomach/side so it hasn't been easy finding a comfortable position...I guess this is just the beginning, haha.
Best moment this week? Mark made me dinner AND did the dishes!  It was the best meal I ate all week.

Presenting our specialty...Asian Salmon Bowls! YUM!
Miss anything? I actually don't know if it's the pregnancy or what but I feel fat all the time now!  My arms look huge to me and my stomach isn't flat anymore!  Maybe it's just in my head but I miss my skinny self!
Movement? Nada
Food cravings? We watch a lot of cooking shows and they made homemade noodles on one this week and so I've been craving noodles!  We tried a new Pho restaurant last night and even though the noodles I ordered didn't end up being the thick kind like I wanted, they were still delish!  I'm craving comfort type foods but also fresh stuff like tomatoes and salad.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope, thank goodness!
Have you started to show yet? No, even though I feel bigger.
Gender? I have no idea
Labor signs? Haha
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time?  Moody actually!  I've been so easily irritated and very impatient.  Poor Mark.
Looking forward to? Getting a BIG audition for Disney over with!  I'm stressing but also excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment