It hit me at 6 weeks to the day. I woke up on Sunday just feeling awful. Food sounded terrible but my stomach was empty and I was worried I'd throw up if I didn't eat something (weird right?) I knew it was bad when all my favorite breakfast foods sounded terrible...bagels? YUCK! Instead, I managed to take a few bites of Cheerios and a couple bites of a banana. We were visiting Mark's parents' ward in PV to hear Marja's talk. She did great! I, on the other hand...not so good. We had to leave after Sacrament and made the long drive back home.
We were supposed to go to the circus with Jake and Sam but Jake wasn't feeling well. I wasn't either so luckily we got to relax at home the rest of the day.
Monday morning I felt SO nauseous! I had to call in sick to work (I work at 7 am Monday's, Thursday's and Friday's). And I've found early mornings are the worst! If I have to wake up to an alarm, I always feel much worse. I couldn't even go back to sleep I felt so sick. I forced myself to eat some peanut butter toast (the only thing that sounded semi-good) and then took a nap(?) from 8:30-1:00! I just wanted to be unconscious so I couldn't feel sick. By 1 pm, I could not sleep anymore so I forced myself to eat again (cereal and raspberries) and then did the chores for the day and went on a walk. I finally started to feel better around 3. I've heard "morning sickness" can last all day but for me it's worst in the mornings.
When Mark got home from work we went grocery shopping and got so much junk food! I picked out anything that sounded good including Kraft Mac and cheese, plain goldfish, cracker packs, Lay's potato chips, chicken nuggets, frozen pizza, cereal, raisin bread, yogurt and jolly ranchers (for the terrible taste that stays in my mouth after eating anything and makes me want to gag). For dinner that night I had chicken nuggets, rice and peas, haha the food of a toddler!
Tuesday I was able to sleep in so it wasn't as bad. Still didn't have much of an appetite for anything and already my snacks were beginning to look terrible to me. Basically after I ate anything one time I was so sick of it!
Wednesday was BAD. I had this miserable feeling all day that I had to burp but couldn't. It was AWFUL! It doesn't sound that bad but imagine you just chugged a can of coke and you are ready for that big burp that is sure to come because your chest is so full of air bubbles and carbonation it's gotta be released. The pressure is building. You feel it starting in your stomach. Traveling up your throat. You open your mouth and...NOTHING. Nothing comes! Not a sound, not a bit of air. It's all STUCK there in your body that feels like a balloon. It feels like I'm going to die! And because I want to burp so bad, I feel like I'm going to throw up but that never comes either. Nothing works! Every so often a pathetic tiny little burp will come out but the relief is so small and temporary it doesn't even matter. And it never goes away! I had to call in sick to my other nanny job and then Wednesday night was...the worst night of my life?
I woke up at 3 am feeling like I had to burp so bad. But I couldn't, again. I started pounding on my chest, desperate for anything to come out. Throwing up would have been such a relief at this point! (I still have not thrown up and I basically think it won't be happening, just this awful indigestion or whatever it is?) I got up and drank some root beer, walked around (laying down is the worst! Feels like I can't breathe), took some Tums and finally I was able to burp a bit. I still didn't feel great though. Mark woke up from all my pounding on my chest and I dropped the Tums in the bathroom and they went everywhere! I felt bad because he had to get up in a few hours, but then so did I!
I continued to sit up every 20 minutes or so and pound on my chest, desperate to burp. Finally at 5:15 when Mark got up, I did too. I thought about quitting my job but we need the extra money now more than ever. It's good pay and an easy gig, too. So I forced myself to go to work.
Today it's FRIDAY! Finally!!! I seriously just have to take it one day at a time. My boss, Kelley, (the only one I have told I'm pregnant just because I may be calling in sick a lot) said for her the nausea went away at Week 13. THAT IS SO FAR!!! I've also read that morning sickness peaks at weeks 8 and 9, meaning it's going to get worse?!
Mark and I are really leaning towards twins! I mean, my symptoms are pretty severe for only 6 weeks. If this is heartburn or indigestion or whatever, isn't that supposed to come way later? I've read that when you're carrying multiples, you get heartburn and other symptoms earlier in the pregnancy. Also, I have gained 8 lbs already! Maybe it's all the junk food, haha. But I really am not eating any more than normal. It's all in my tummy too. I guess we'll see in a little less than a month! Feels. So. Far.
No comments:
Post a Comment