1.09.2016

17 Week Bumpdate

WEEK 17

Baby is the size of a chipmunk!



HAHA!  I couldn't help but choose this comparison over the standard fruit (pomegranate) this week!  I had the hardest time deciding which picture to choose...these were some other contenders.



I love my little chipmunk!
How far along?  17 weeks baby
Total weight gain/loss?  I lost 3 pounds this week!  I've been drinking 8 glasses of water a day (talk about increasing my already frequent need to pee!) and filling up on fruits and veggies instead of processed snacks (now that my nausea for all things green is gone) and what do you know?  Losing weight and feeling great!
Maternity clothes?  Yup, though I haven't bought any official ones yet.  Just very stretchy regular clothes...which I think are the best kind because I can wear them after pregnancy!
Stretch marks?  Sadly, they have arrived.  But only on the undersides of my boobs, which are probably a DD now (former B cup here) and Mark says you can't even notice them but I see them!  I've been really cracking down on my coca butter, body oil, and belly butter though and they actually appear to be lightening so fingers crossed they go away eventually.
Best moment this week?  I felt my baby KICK!! ! I've been getting up to pee 3-4 times a night this week (result of 8 glasses of water a day) and this morning sometime before 5 am I got up to pee as usual, my eyes half closed.  I'm sitting on the toilet about to get up when something in my tummy moved and kicked!!!  My eyes flew open and my jaw dropped.  It felt exactly how you might imagine it feels to have a tiny baby (size of a chipmunk) kick you gently from the inside of your tummy.  It was crazy!!!  It felt like a tiny foot!  I got back in bed and thought about waking up Mark but since he would be getting up in like an hour I decided to let him sleep.  I fell back asleep with my hand on my tummy, hoping to feel another one but nothing.  So exciting though!!!  There is actually a BABY in my TUMMY!!!!!
Miss anything?   Being able to walk. LOL but no seriously.  The past few weeks my lower back has been killing me.  I've always had problems with my tailbone area from when I popped it once during a modern dance class and ever since then it tends to stiffen up (especially after lots of walking or any kind of exercise) and I have to sit on it to pop it in order to make the pain go away.  That's just something I've dealt with my whole life.  But these past few weeks it's gotten way worse!  I've been researching it and we called Mark's brother who's a doctor and it's because pregnancy loosens all your joints in preparation for your expanding uterus.  Since my pelvic joint must have already been loose from dance and it happens to be very close to my uterus, the problem has just been exacerbated.  Also, for some reason I can't even pop it like I used to, probably because my joints are too loose down there.  I can't even imagine how bad it might become once baby is the size of a watermelon!  I know backaches are really common for all pregnant women but I have a feeling mine may be so much worse!
Movement?  Yes, yes, yes!!  See best moment this week.
Food cravings?  Not really...I've been eating super healthy so pizza actually sounds pretty good right now, ha.
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Nope!
Have you started to show yet?  Yup!  Little baby bump!
Gender?  Surprise!
Labor signs?  Nope
Belly Button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time? I think the second trimester burst of energy has finally started to kick in because this week I feel great and happy!
Looking forward to?  DISNEYLAND DAY tomorrow!!!  Our last one!!  Our passes expire on Jan. 10 and we will not be renewing since we don't know how much longer we'll be here and we imagine the next year might be so busy with our new baby we won't have much time to go!  It's been super fun the past year though, living it up with no kids!  I'll always remember our Disney dates and next time we go we will be bringing one (or more) kids with us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment