1.23.2016

19 Week Bumpdate

WEEK 19

Baby is the size of a mango!



Total weight gain/loss?  15 pounds!  I'm about 5 pounds over the recommended weight gain so far but since I gained weight really fast in the first trimester (I think that was just my body's way of adapting to suddenly being pregnant and bloated) and it has now been slowing to a pound or so every couple weeks, I'm not too worried.  My goal is still to not go over 40 pounds!
How far along?  3 days away from 20 weeks!!!  I am almost HALFWAY done!  This is CRAZY.
Maternity clothes?  I might finally get some from my SIL this weekend, but so far leggings, tunics and slouchy tees are working just fine.  Leggings are sooo comfy, I don't know how I ever wore anything but them!
Stretch marks?  The ones on my boobs are gone!  Not sure they were actually stretch marks to begin with, maybe they really were just visible veins but I've been using the Honest Co. organic belly balm daily and it clearly has worked wonders!  Still haven't seen any on my stomach or hips.  I read somewhere they usually appear between 18-22 weeks if they are going to come (though that sounds  iffy) and it has given me hope!  If I hold on a few more weeks, maybe I will luck out!  HA, even though my belly is just starting to really grow!  We will see.
Best moment this week?  I drove down to Bakersfield to spend a few days with my cousins and grandmother and we had a blast!  I haven't seen them in a couple years and I got to spend time with all their adorable kids and we laughed a ton and helped Laurin with her house and talked all things baby!  It's fun they got to see me while I'm pregnant even though I'm not that big yet.  They got to feel baby move too!!


Miss anything?   Not peeing my pants every time I sneeze.  And getting sick all the time doesn't help!  Still currently getting over a cold...ugh.
Movement?  Yep, yep, yep!  My little bouncy baby over here loves to move around all throughout the day but especially in the mornings and evenings, when I first wake up and am going to bed.  It never gets old and I already have such a strong connection with our sweet baby.  I just feel like once they're actually here, all my stress and worries will melt away and I will realize this is the only thing that matters.
Food cravings?  I really wanted strawberry ice-cream the other day so Mark got me some.  Baby loves ice-cream :)
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Actually I have been feeling sick randomly after eating.  Also I have to burp a lot due to really bad indigestion, which doesn't help.
Have you started to show yet?  Yes I believe I truly have, like not just to myself.  This week, Sofia (one of the girls I sit for) said to me when I picked her and her sister up from school, "Wow, you look BIG!  How big is the baby this week?"  Haha and I now feel so self-conscious walking around places with my bump, like everyone must be staring and must know!  Haha!
Gender?  Surprise, surprise!
Labor signs?  Nope
Belly Button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Kinda moody this week, mostly stressed and overwhelmed.  I started working on my registry for real and when I calculated the costs of everything it came out to $5,441!!!  Granted, I overestimated on everything (better over-save than under-save) and haven't included anything my SIL is giving me or our parents.  BUT STILL!!!  We are about to get $3,000 back from taxes and that is going straight to Baby Savings!!!
Looking forward to?  Mark and I are going on a picnic tomorrow to relax and might check off a few things on our Pre-Baby Bucket List.  I love him so much and while I love the baby more than ever, I'm going to miss it being just the two of us.  Mark and Catherine.  We seriously were made for each other, he is my other half.  When I left him to go to Bakersfield for one night this week, we both were dying to be back together!  I got home in less than 2 hours because it felt like we were magnets and he was just pulling me back as quick as possible!  I am so blessed to have him as my eternal companion and start a family with my favorite person in the whole wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment