1.20.2016

(Late) 18 Week Bumpdate

WEEK 18

Baby is the size of a sweet potato!

No bump picture this week because:
a) I got a terrible stomach virus at the beginning of the week and a sore throat at the end and never felt up for taking any pictures in between
&
b) I lost another two pounds and basically my whole bump from being sick so it would have looked weird

I am posting this 3 days into 19 weeks (since even though I was sick and stayed home I never got around to blogging about 18 weeks because I usually do it sometime after taking my picture!) so I'll try and only talk about last week.

Total weight gain/loss?  I lost another 2 pounds but gained them back for my 18 week check-up so total weight gain is 14 pounds.  It's been staying around here for a few weeks now so if I can keep it under 15 pounds for another month I'll be on track!  HA.
How far along?  Technically I'm 19 now but this is about 18 weeks!
Maternity clothes?  Still no official "maternity" pants or anything but lots of leggings.  I do have a few shirts with ruching on the side but I think I prefer flowy tops and tunics to them.  Right now my bump is still too small to noticeably look pregnant so I just feel like I look chubby with tight shirts.
Stretch marks?  They are fading!  Still only on my boobs but they don't look so bad and I think they might disappear.  Fingers crossed!
Best moment this week?  Hmm I was sick as a dog but the best moment was on Tuesday at my 18 week check-up.  The doctor listened to the baby's heart and said, "Wow, that's loud!  For 18 weeks!"  The nurse agreed and it made me happy :)  We've got a strong, healthy baby!
Miss anything?   Not being terrified of getting sick anytime someone coughs.  I swear, my immune system is SHOT!  I never used to get sick and now I've had the flu and sore throat in one week.  It probably doesn't help that I'm constantly around kids but hopefully I can get back to being healthy soon.
Movement?  Every day!!!  Multiple times a day!!  Mostly at night and especially when I'm lying on my back.  Mark has felt the baby move many times but I don't feel like he thinks it's as cool as he should, haha.  I always have him put his hand on my belly when I start to feel movement but once he feels something he just smiles and says, "Felt that!" and then takes his hand away while I'm like, "Hey, keep it there forever!  This is so exciting!!"  Haha, but for real!  I LOVE feeling baby move.  Any time I feel anything, I put my hand on my belly and say, "Hi baby!  Are you awake?"  and continue to talk to baby for a good 5 minutes.  The movement feels like a bunch of things...sometimes it's flutters, other times a twitch or popping but most of the time it feels like something in my tummy is doing the worm!  It's so weird!!!
Food cravings?  Nope but my appetite is picking up a bit!  This baby gets super hungry in the early mornings but I usually try to go back to sleep because if I get up to eat something, I can never fall back asleep!
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Well, other than BEING sick, no!  Haha, but it's no bueno when I go too long without eating.
Have you started to show yet?  My bump disappeared from being sick but I think it came back at the end of the 18 weeks.
Gender?  Esther just found out she's having a boy!  Kelli is having a girl!  What will Baby Rawlings be?  Only time will tell...
Labor signs?  No way
Belly Button in or out?  In
Wedding rings on or off?  On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy but also stressed out and overwhelmed for reasons I'll talk about in another post.
Looking forward to?  Getting back to being healthy, working out, and getting on a schedule because there is SO much to do to get ready for baby!!!  But I honestly just can't wait until I can hold this little one in my arms and see how beautiful they are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment