WEEK 21
Baby is the size of a pomegranate!
Total weight gain/loss? I lost a pound this week! Yay now I am back on target to not go over the recommended weight gain if I continue to only gain one pound a week!!!
How far along? 21 weeks!!! Over the hill now...
Maternity clothes? YES! I wore my first pair of maternity jeans yesterday! They are still a bit loose around the tummy area but fitting into my old jeans is just a joke so this is the best I can do besides leggings! I actually wore a real outfit yesterday, haha! For some reason I feel smaller with normal shirts and jeans instead of my baggy tunics and leggings. Mark thinks I look smaller because you can actually see my shape whereas when I wear baggy tops and leggings you don't see much (also has been hiding my growing bump!) but I figure the cat's out of the bag now so instead of fearing I look fat, I'm just starting to embrace my little bump!
Stretch marks? None!
Best moment this week? It's sure to be the weekend...we're playing beach volleyball (well I will be watching) and having a picnic! Trying to embrace the so cal life before we're calling Texas home!
Miss anything? Sleeping on my tummy! It's the most hilarious thing but starting a few weeks ago, the baby does NOT let me sleep even remotely on my tummy! The second I go from side sleeping to my stomach barely touching the bed I am jolted by a kick. If I choose to ignore it (sometimes I wonder if it's just coincidence), I am greeted by another and another. "Mama, you're squishing me! Get off me!" HA, no seriously that is what I bet baby is thinking! Not even out of the womb yet and we're already co-sleeping here!
Movement? Yup, yup, yup. It always makes me smile and feel so connected to my little one. Especially at night when I can't talk to baby because Mark is asleep but I just rub my tummy as baby kicks and moves all around and feel like we share this perfect little secret. The kicks have been getting stronger and stronger, baby is so active and healthy, I love it!!!
Food cravings? I was craving scrambled eggs last night and mmm they were so good this morning! Also lots of fruit! I love grapes, strawberries, and basically anything sweet! I've been craving candy but luckily we don't have any in the house...YET! ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick? Just sometimes after eating a big meal...I think it's from the indigestion but it's not nearly as bad as first trimester.
Have you started to show yet? Pretty much all the time...I guess first thing in the morning (and after I pee because I literally have a huge bump full of water in the morning and once I pee it shrinks like halfway!) I technically may not look pregnant to someone who doesn't know me but my stomach is not flat. And let me tell you, it did not look like that pre-pregnancy!!
Gender? Surprisingly not many people have asked us what we're having! Which is just fine with us, maybe because it's our first? But still going to be a surprise!!!
Labor signs? Nope!
Belly Button in or out? Still in
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time? Mostly happy but I was pretty irritable yesterday. Guess it just depends on the day. Generally, I am very excited, anxious, and a little overwhelmed at all of the changes that will be happening in the next few months. SO much to do, buy, plan, and just wrap my mind around. But I am confident everything will turn out great and all according to plan!
Looking forward to? Valentine's weekend!!! I have been on a terrible sleep schedule lately (not falling asleep until 2 am and sleeping until 11 this whole week!) so one of my sleepless nights I found all these great Valentine's date ideas and now I have the whole weekend planned! It's going to be SO fun and Mark has no idea what's in store! I'll try to take lots of pictures!!

No comments:
Post a Comment