made some changes to our little blog now that it's no longer going to be just the two of us! I figured I wouldn't have time once the baby arrives and also I've been going crazy the past few days with Mark gone!!! I have never been so bored! I know, I know, I will definitely never be bored again after the baby but right now that sounds pretty good. It's also been so lonely...constantly coming back to an empty apartment with no one there to greet me or wonder where I've been. how did I do it before I was married? standard meal times have flown out the window...I eat when I'm hungry (or when baby's hungry) and I eat whatever I want!
oh can we talk about pregnancy cravings?? I have been craving doughnuts for a few weeks now...seeing them everywhere...pinterest, instagram, tv shows, youtube...and I may or may not have been looking at the krispy kreme website frequently! HA! so, two days ago I caved and bought a dozen assorted doughnuts from krispy kreme!!!
this was partly because I can never decide what kind to get, partly because all the different kinds looked soooo good, and partly because they were all individually cheaper if you bought a dozen. well after two days of having a dozen doughnuts in the house (the empty house, remember) I don't care if I never see another doughnut again as long as I live! haha, so I guess mission accomplished?
I've been feeling pretty nostalgic lately, what with moving and being pregnant and all. so many changes! I went on my familiar walk through our beautiful neighborhood yesterday and realized that there would come a day when I might not remember what it looked like!
I might forget the spot where I first told Mark I love him...
or the park where we always play volleyball with family and friends...
where we celebrated Jake's 1st birthday and Mark introduced me to everyone as his fiancé...
the old witch's house from hansel and gretel...
okay we've never met her but her house looks like it's made of candy plus she has a sign in her front yard that says how much she loves her grandchildren...creepy!
our Snow White house we were going to live in someday by being friends with the people who lived there (who we assumed must be old) and being so good to them they'd leave it to us in their will...
the new apartments they just finished building down the street that are going for $4300 a month (those were our second choice before moving to Texas, haha)
and basically just our home! coming home after vacations or long days of work and being so grateful to see our woodsy little apartment that has become home the past two years...
or the park where we always play volleyball with family and friends...
where we celebrated Jake's 1st birthday and Mark introduced me to everyone as his fiancé...
![]() |
| this was a really, really good day :) |
okay we've never met her but her house looks like it's made of candy plus she has a sign in her front yard that says how much she loves her grandchildren...creepy!
our Snow White house we were going to live in someday by being friends with the people who lived there (who we assumed must be old) and being so good to them they'd leave it to us in their will...
the Romeo and Juliet house covered in ivy...
I'm just now realizing our neighborhood is like a living fairy tale!
| O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? |
the dragon tail we always trip on in the neighborhood entrance to the park that I was planning on making a game with for our baby...
okay it's just part of a tree coming out of a fence but the first time I saw it was at night and let me tell you...I truly thought it was some huge creature's tail! a dragon came to mind...
and basically just our home! coming home after vacations or long days of work and being so grateful to see our woodsy little apartment that has become home the past two years...
| home sweet home |
Mark is more confident about us falling in love with Texas than I am...I really hate change. I spent my entire life moving all around the country and I just want it to end! this is actually the longest I've lived in one place (two years) since I was 15! that was back in Texas so I guess it's fitting that I've come full circle. I hope my old home can feel as much like home as LA has become. It will be different because I'll have my own family this time and honestly that's all that matters.
wherever they are is home.
wherever they are is home.



No comments:
Post a Comment