3.02.2016

25 Week Bumpdate

WEEK 25

Baby is the size of a prairie dog!



Total weight gain/loss?  20 pounds!!  I honestly am not worried even though I know that seems like a lot.  I'm still a healthy weight for my height (even if I wasn't pregnant...my BMI has just gone up from 19 to 23!) and my doctor isn't worried at all.  If I had started out overweight then that would be a problem but I'm naturally pretty thin and I honestly have been doing my best so I think this is just how my body handles pregnancy!  I still am gaining half a pound to a pound a week so I plan on gaining about 35 pounds total.
How far along?  25 weeks, 3 days
Maternity clothes?  I'm already sick of them!  HA!  I actually am trying to put off wearing them as long as possible and have been figuring out my new favorite outfits with my regular clothes...pretty much all my baggy (or once baggy) tees and leggings or maxi skirts.  It's always hilarious when I go for an old favorite baggy shirt of mine and find that it's now form fitting!  So this is what getting fat feels like...
Stretch marks?  Nada
Best moment this week?  Going to church!  Such a simple thing but I really needed it.  Not being able to sleep at night has interfered with being able to make it to church some Sundays and I felt like I hadn't been in forever.  Such a peaceful feeling there.
Miss anything?   Not constantly having to burp, being able to do everyday tasks without my heart racing and being on a normal sleep schedule!  It's so hard to make myself get up early when I don't have to be anywhere and this baby keeps me up all night (already) so what do I do during the day?  Sleep!
Movement?  Getting stronger and stronger!  It's crazy how much baby moves.  Is this normal?  I actually haven't been too worried about stuff with the baby, I'm just pretty confident our little one is going to be perfectly healthy but all of a sudden the other day I had my first worry: what if baby has like ADD or something and comes out super hyper active?!  I've been feeling movement since 17 weeks, which is pretty early for a first timer, and now baby moves so much my stomach literally contorts in different shapes.  Isn't it too early for that?  I don't mind if baby is super active, although that will be a very different temperament than Mark and I!  Just hope all of this movement is normal...
Food cravings?  Not really...I've been on a weird eating schedule lately too.  Since I sleep half the day away, I only eat two meals a day...and it's usually just whatever I can scrounge up.  I've been SO lazy about meal planning and grocery shopping!  We haven't had real food in the house for weeks and finally Mark went grocery shopping last night after I complained that if I don't do anything around here, nothing gets done.  He then put away all the laundry, went shopping, made us dinner and cleaned the kitchen.  Oops, sorry hubby!
Anything making you queasy or sick?  All of the burping!  Every time I burp, I feel like I could throw up if I wanted to and I have to hold it back.  I HATE the indigestion part of pregnancy!  I wonder if I'll ever be normal again?!
Have you started to show yet?  Yes but still trying to hide it for strangers!  Not sure if it's working...
Gender?  My grandma told me if the baby moves a lot it's a boy...in that case, it's definitely a boy!
Labor signs?  Nope, thank goodness!  But I take relief in each week that passes knowing that if baby were to come early, the chances of survival are just getting higher and higher!
Belly Button in or out?  Okay.  Let's talk.  It's still far from an outie but my innie is no longer super deep!  After I eat or when I push my stomach out, my belly button still goes in but is closer to being flat then before!  Ahhh, how far out do belly buttons go when they become outies?  Not ready for this...
Wedding rings on or off?  Actually, they're off right now.  I take them off every day to put on my body butter and I forgot to put them back on a few days ago.  I guess I was getting annoyed of having to take them on and off but I'm going to try and wear them throughout the pregnancy.  So far no signs of swelling!
Happy or Moody most of the time?  Definitely moody...I don't know what's been up with me lately but I just haven't been feeling like myself.  I'm always anxious and overwhelmed about something and I feel like I have no time to do anything!  I'm also getting worried about adjusting to life after baby.  How will I cope after being used to getting 10-12 hours of sleep every day??  Going from that to what, 2 hour stretches?  For months??  I have no idea how I'm going to adjust and I just hope we get all moved in and set up before baby gets here.
Looking forward to?  We're going to RH Baby & Child this weekend to look at bedding!  I'm splurging and getting our crib skirt, sheets and changing pad cover from there.   I mean, look at this gorgeousness!!!

We're getting 4 of those animal prints to go above the crib!  They sell them at RH for $199....each.  They also sell them here for $25 each ;)

That's the crib skirt we're getting!  A washed satin in dove gray...so beautiful!  I'll do another post on our nursery inspiration and all my ideas...maybe that will ease my anxiety about getting started on our babe's nursery already!

No comments:

Post a Comment