since we aren't moving for another month, I have been busy mentally arranging and decorating the nursery! ha! I am such a detail oriented person and hate waiting till the last minute to do anything so waiting until april to put the nursery together is really driving me crazy! It has given me a lot of time to brainstorm and pick out all the little details so come april, I will be so ready!
my inspiration for the whole nursery came from the baby animal prints in the middle...I was looking at RH Baby & Child for ideas (because anything they do is flawless) and saw those prints in a few of their room galleries and fell in love. so little baby animals became our nursery theme!
one thing I love about RH is how simple and classy their nurseries are. they are full of natural light, simple, elegant decor and use very neutral color schemes...white, cream, soft grey, and any color they do have is very subtle and understated...lilac, canary yellow, pale pinks and blues,. our nursery colors will be white, dove grey and icy mint! here's what we've got so far...
(1) Knit Animal Friends Crib Mobile - I love how sweet and gentle this mobile is, gender neutral, and the knit animals are just precious! the colors are soft and delicate, perfect for baby :)
(2) Little Darlings Animal Prints - my favorite part of our nursery! we're putting these above the crib and the four we're getting are the giraffe, bear cub, baby fox, and baby bobcat!
(3) Forest Pop Wall Decor - a perfect pop of color for the walls and I love how modern and fun these animals look!
(4) Pottery Barn Kendall Crib - we got a great deal on this crib! normally $599 they had it on sale for $399 (it's still on sale!) and we had an old gift card from our wedding plus a 20% off coupon so we got this beauty for under $300! It's currently sitting at my parents' house with our PUJ tub... Also we're getting our crib skirt in dove grey from RH along with these beautiful mint sheets but no bumper unfortunately because I love the look of one but baby's safety comes first!
(5) Silver Changing Table Diaper Caddy - isn't this a beauty? I registered for a set of these changing storage baskets to go on top of our dresser which will double as a changing table. these are so sleek and elegant...perfect for our color scheme!
(6) Stay Wild Framed Wall Art - I saw these at Urban Outfitters for $7 per letter and thought it would be a fun DIY nursery project! so Mark and I bought all the craft letters and three types of material all for $15! we're just going to follow a tutorial on pinterest so I'll do another post on how it turns out!
(7) Pottery Barn Wingback Rocker - I love everything about this traditional rocker! first of all, it's gorgeous and timeless! I prefer the look of a rocker rather than a glider (especially the ones with the mechanism showing!) because they're just so classic! I still want to be comfortable though so wooden rockers are out. this one has a high back so you can rest your head, a wide roomy seat and they have a million different materials to choose from! I'm torn between a few and haven't decided if we'll get it in ivory or soft grey but either way this is definitely one of my most favorite items for our nursery! (this will be our most expensive item and both sets of parents will be helping with this!)
(8) Mini Woodland Bunny Nightlight - we sort of have a bunny theme going on on top of our baby animal theme. it started when my mom got baby a little jellycat bunny soother blanket for christmas that is so soft and precious!!! it's the perfect shade of grey for our nursery colors so we have been leaning towards a lot of bunny items, simply because they are grey and go with our colors (also because bunnies are adorable!) look at these bunny slippers!!

(9) IKEA Hemnes 8-Drawer Dresser - while I had my heart set on this dresser from pottery barn, we are probably going to go with a similar one from ikea. hopefully it's good quality because I love the look of it! I wanted an extra wide dresser because it's going to double as our changing table. maybe for the next baby we will be able to afford a dresser from pottery barn!
so there you have it! I hope the nursery comes together in real life as beautifully as it has in my mind :)

No comments:
Post a Comment