WEEKS 23 & 24
Baby is the size of a grapefruit & a cantaloupe!
| Taken the day before 24 weeks |
Total weight gain/loss? Another pound for the books...with baby doubling its size this month, I don't think I have any control anymore! Planning to gain a pound a week the rest of my pregnancy which will put me at 34 pounds total, one pound shy of the recommended max! Unless baby comes early...let's hope because I am getting SO anxious to hold my little one!!!
How far along? Currently 24 weeks!
Maternity clothes? A combination of maternity and anything else that makes the bump look good! I am discovering my own personal style (lots of flowy tees, maxi skirts and tunics) actually works really well with pregnancy! Every time I decide to try out an old shirt, I am often pleasantly surprised that some of them can still almost hide my growing belly! I am already at the point where I'm sick of it being the center of attention (not the baby, the belly!) and am trying to get away with hiding it as long as possible before it takes over!!
Stretch marks? Happily no!
Best moment this week? Saturday was a really good day. We slept in, made a fancy breakfast and our nephews came over to play :)
We spent the rest of the day laying in bed doing absolutely nothing...taking turns napping and cuddling each other awake, watching "Worst Chefs in America" and they made homemade pizza in the episode so we made one of our own!
| I have to say this was the BEST pizza I've ever had in my life! |
It was basically just a typical lazy Saturday, a day in the life that we pretty much take for granted and are sure to miss like crazy once baby makes its arrival!
Miss anything? Being on a normal sleep schedule...I have pretty much almost reverted to being nocturnal. For some reason, at night it's like my oxygen levels decrease in half. I can't breathe or get comfortable until I'm so tired that it finally doesn't matter and I pass out. Going to bed at 2 and waking up between 10 and 11 am has become the norm...it's terrible! The one good thing is that it's when baby is the most active so it's sort of our special little time together. I get the strongest kicks and rolls and it makes me so happy...but on second thought, maybe that's half the reason I can't get to sleep! HA!
Movement? They're getting so much stronger! My stomach physically moves all the time now from baby moving and whenever it happens I freeze whatever I'm doing and immediately lift up my shirt to watch. Then when I see it, I get so happy and sing to baby :)
Food cravings? They come at random times...the other day I was craving chicken enchiladas so this happened...
| White Chicken Enchiladas - they were divine! |
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!
Have you started to show yet? Pretty much all the time...
Gender? Still surprise but we have picked a middle name despite the gender! It's a family name and I LOVE it!! We have our top favorite girl and boy names (plus an extra 10 of each just in case) and this name pretty much goes with any of them!
Labor signs? I think I had a real contraction at work the other day! It felt like my stomach was wringing itself out right in the center, like a wet towel. It was super painful for a second and then it was gone! Then baby did a somersault.
Belly Button in or out? No signs of it popping out anytime soon
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Can I just say weepy?? My mom sent me this video of a lady washing her baby in the sink that made me so sad!!! She just held the baby like a doll and let the water run over its head and used more shampoo than I use for myself!! That pooooor innocent baby...I felt so anxious to calm him. Also, whenever we watch a show where a baby is born and then kidnapped (strangely enough, we watch lots of shows where this happens! Jane the Virgin, Once Upon A Time, and I think it happened in a movie we watched recently) I start BAWLING!!! Like my crying starts a second before the actor moms in the show. No one should EVER have their baby taken away from them! Especially the second after its born!! Those first few hours of bonding time are sooo important!!
Looking forward to? Moving already!


No comments:
Post a Comment