5.01.2016

32 & 33 Week Bumpdate

WEEKS 32 & 33

Baby is the size of a squash and a head of lettuce!



almost 34 weeks and I'm just now blogging about the last two!  but really not that much has changed...other than my tummy getting bigger and bigger!   I think I've finally started looking like a penguin, waddling around wherever we go!  haha but I don't mind.  pregnancy is really starting to grow on me...it's going to be so weird not having baby in there soon!

we have started taking my bump pictures in the nursery and the nursery changes from week to week as we get baby's room all set up.  in these bump pictures you can see the gray we chose for the walls (silvery moonlight by glidden in case you were wondering)!  I haven't taken any real nursery pictures yet because I'm waiting until it's all finished but it's finally starting to look like a baby could live there :) we have been waiting until after my shower to order all the remaining items for baby and my shower was yesterday so the ordering begins tomorrow!

last week Mark and I attended a breastfeeding class put on by my hospital.  we learned so much!  they talked about how important breastfeeding is and all the benefits it offers for baby and mom.  basically, they consider formula "medicine", a good option when you need it but you want to avoid it if you can.  we learned about the different positions to breastfeed in and practiced with dolls they passed around.  the baby we got was so heavy!  I guess you never know what you're gonna get, ha!  I have to say it didn't feel all that natural...that could have been because I was concentrating so hard on emulating the instructor's exact arm and hand positioning and wasn't really paying attention to what felt comfortable.  I just wanted to do it right!  luckily Mark was there to help.  I am so grateful to have him by my side for all of this.

after the class I took about 50 pamphlets and then they gave us a tour of the hospital.  it was then that I realized I don't think I've ever been in a hospital (other than being born!)  how lucky am I?!  it was like in the movies, the doors opening before you walked through, important announcements paging doctors on the pa system, nurses and orderlies walking around urgently...felt like I was on gray's anatomy!  haha

I am so emotional these days (what's new?) and I totally cried each time we walked into a new room where I would be returning very soon...the labor and delivery room, recovery room and when we got to the newborn nursery I lost it!  the babies were so tiny!!!  we are going to have a baby just like them in 6 short weeks!!!

contractions have become a regular occurence.  sometimes they feel like they could be the real thing (let's hope not!) but they aren't regular so I'm not too worried.  so here's what they feel like for me...a really bad side running cramp (and they are always on my left side).  like the kind where you start cramping while running but continue to run through the pain until you finally stop but by then the cramp is so strong it doesn't stop and it hurts to breathe.  people have told me contractions feel like period cramps but I'm one of those lucky people that never gets period cramps so that tells me nothing.  I kind of hope real contractions feel like my bh contractions because I'm mostly just so scared that I don't know what it's going to feel like!  like the cramps are painful but totally bearable and I could totally handle it if that's what they feel like.  for some reason, I imagine they will feel like getting shot or stabbed in the stomach over and over for however long you are in labor until the epidural kicks in!  I mean, people make it sound like it's the most terrible pain of your life so that's the worst pain I could imagine!  haha, please someone tell me that is not an accurate comparison?

in other news, Mark and I have the house to ourselves this week!  my parents drove down with sissy to Arizona so she can look at apartments and jobs so we are on our own living in this big house.  it's so quiet over here and a little scary but Xela is the best guard dog :)  tomorrow Mark has a second interview for a job that looks really promising.  crossing our fingers he gets it since his current job will be ending in July!

my second baby shower was yesterday and went so great!  so many people came (half of them I didn't even know and were my mom's friends!)  baby had a really fun time and wouldn't stop kicking especially during a game called "guess how big my belly is!"

more shower pictures to come next week!  and can you believe it's may?!  next month is JUNE!!!  baby month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment