WEEK 34
Baby is the size of a quokka!
have you heard about the quokka? they are known as the happiest animal on earth! I was so excited to find out baby is as big as a quokka this week :) and you better believe it! check out my bare bump! we have been living in the pool these days so instead of getting all dressed up for my weekly bumpie, I figured I might as well show you what being pregnant in texas really looks like :)
little baby rawlings is about 5 lbs and 18 inches long this week!! from this point on, if baby is born there should be relatively little issues since all of the important growth and development has already occurred and now all that's left to do is add on the pounds! that makes me soooo happy! I don't know why but I just have this feeling this babe is coming early! I really hope it's still in June though because I really love that month but a May babe would also be wonderful!
my pregnancy has been progressing so normally and without any concerns that at my last appointment, my doctor said he didn't need to see me until 3 weeks even though it's standard at this point to be going every 2 weeks. I feel so blessed to have a healthy pregnancy and (hopefully!) a very healthy baby! up until now, I've been pretty stressed and overwhelmed and while there is still much to do, I've started to relax and just feel excited about all the amazing changes coming so soon!!
the baby laundry has already begun! we are washing everything this week...clothes, hats, sheets, changing pad covers, swaddle blankets, wraps, boppy covers, burp cloths, bibdanas (the cutest drooling accessory!), towels, and all the accessories for the car seat, stroller, bouncer, and swing! it's about 57234802822 loads of laundry but I'm trying to make it fun! haha, after everything is clean, we finally get to start putting it all away! and then baby's room will be ready! I am a huge fan of nesting :)
this week we ordered all the remaining items off our pb kids and amazon registries! we are finally going to have a crib mattress and changing pad, our city select stroller, (we got two strollers from my sister-in-law so we were not in dire need of a stroller but I have been dreaming about the city select since before I was pregnant! it is so amazing!!), animal mobile, table lamp, baby moses basket, this adorable swaddle set and all the other baby essentials! everything should arrive by the end of next week and when it's all put away I will finally take pictures of the nursery!
and now I'm off for a swim in between loads of laundry! we have been loving having a pool! after working out or taking the dog for a walk, it's so nice to be able to just jump in and cool off...and summer hasn't even started yet! I daydream about summer barbecues and lounging poolside with the whole fam and baby...I cannot wait to have you in my arms!

No comments:
Post a Comment