5.27.2016

37 Week Bumpdate

WEEK 37

Baby is the size of a skunk!

bebe le pew!

sometimes I wonder if my belly is actually still getting bigger...like if that is even possible!  I used to read about pregnant women saying they forgot what it's like to not have a huge belly and I would always wonder how that could be, now here I am joining them.  what was it like to not have my stomach bump into things (counter tops, tables, people) before the rest of me?  what was sleeping like when I used to actually lay down at night (on my stomach!) instead of half propped up by three pillows and one between my legs?!  there are these rare times at night where I get in a super comfortable position so that I almost don't feel pregnant and can't feel the weight of my stomach...heaven!

the weeks are ticking.  I can't really fathom that I could go into labor any day now...it all still seems months away!  my baby's due date is now sooner than the expiration on our milk!  so the next time we buy milk (or Mark buys milk) we will have a baby!!!

we are doing pretty good on our checklist...I totally caved and ordered more baby clothes (it's memorial day weekend so there are so many sales!) so we will have to do more baby laundry now but there really isn't much else to do.  read, read, and read some more because every time we read one of our four books we're reading, I learn something I consider invaluable and wonder how I would have survived not knowing that vital piece of information...which also leaves me wondering, what other essential information have I not yet learned?!  it is like finals week over here and we are cramming, cramming, cramming to get an A on this test called "Parenthood"!

I don't know why I don't think I can continue learning after the baby arrives!  I sort of feel like it's going to alter time, stop the universe, hours will disappear and days will be no longer existent and even the simplest things like brushing my teeth will become a thing of the past!  I feel like a hurricane is coming to take over my life and once it hits, I have to be fully prepared because there will be no time in the storm to learn how to survive it!  is this an accurate picture, all you mothers out there??

don't get me wrong, I am very excited!  and so happy to meet my baby, the new love of my life.  but the excitement is being overshadowed by nerves, anxiety, fear, and an overwhelming desire to be good at this.  I want to be the best mom and not do anything wrong or mess up on my sweet, innocent baby that is being entrusted to me!  who am I to be held responsible for this precious, little life?  please let me do a good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment