5.14.2016

35 Week Bumpdate

WEEK 35

Baby is the size of a lop bunny!


first off, how cute is that little bunny?!  I've been sick of all the vegetable comparisons, especially since some of my apps are repeating vegetables other apps used weeks ago...I might have too many pregnancy apps!  so expect cute animal comparisons from here on out...oh and in case you're wondering, my shirt says "namast'ay in bed" ;)

so we spent this week finishing all the baby laundry and opening packages every day as one by one, all the items from our registry arrived!  I've never ordered so many things in my entire life!  felt like christmas :)  everything is finally all put away and ready for baby!  nursery reveal coming soon!

this week I had another doctor's appointment and from now on I will be going every week!  ahhh, the countdown for baby rawlings has begun!  but it won't be anytime soon...the doctor checked to see if I was dilated and told me, "well baby loves you!  not coming for awhile!"  I'm anxious for baby to be here already but at the same time another month of sleep and relaxing (and finishing two more baby books!) sounds pretty good.

every week the baby is gaining about half a pound and will continue to do so until delivery!  and boy, do I feel it.  it's getting harder and harder to go on walks with the dog, get out of bed at night to go to the bathroom and just make it up and down the stairs without getting winded from all this extra weight!  it's the worst combination because I get restless leg syndrome and my legs always want to run a marathon but the rest of my body won't let me.  I have found swimming to be the perfect solution and I love being in the water and able to splash and jump and kick my legs to my heart's content without feeling all the extra weight.  I am so anxious to be able to work out and push myself again to get my body back!

sleep has become a nightmare!  I didn't fall asleep until 4 am this morning...I just cannot get comfortable!  sleeping on my side has started to hurt now with how big baby is...whichever side I'm on, the baby is all there too...like imagine a dead weight in your stomach and whenever you roll over, the weight rolls with you and is like lead weighing your stomach down!  it's pretty ironic that I'm looking forward to sleeping again after baby comes because sleep will probably be nonexistent then so I better appreciate any sleep I can get now!

I've been pretty emotional lately...last night I was flipping through an old family photo album of our trip to the grand canyon.  I saw a picture of Marci and me doing dishes and little 4 year old Stephy helping us and lost it!  I'm not really sure why...it just hit me that my little sister is all grown up and I don't even remember what she was like at that age!  did I talk to her?  did I give her big hugs and kisses and tell her how precious she is?  did I give her any attention at all?  or was I all wrapped up in boy bands,  makeup, and hanging out at the mall with my friends?  I can never get those years back and I'm not sure I spent them the right way and now my little sister is leaving home for good!  it's just all so sad...life is so short.  I'm going to blink and all my kids are going to be leaving home and mark and I will be all alone again!

^see I'm an emotional wreck!  haha, wonder what I'll be like after baby is here?  I know the hormones will be crazy and I really really hope I don't get a terrible case of the baby blues.  I'm trying to prepare myself in case it does happen but hopefully I will be on cloud nine and just so happy and in love with my new baby and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment