9.28.2017

Masters Family Reunion!


in August we took Clark on his first real road trip (16 hours one way!) to Pagosa Springs, Colorado for our Masters family reunion!  yes, we went to Colorado for both our families' reunions, go figure.

Clark was so so good on the trip!!  Mark downloaded a couple movies for him on his iPad and when he wasn't watching movies or eating he was usually sleeping.  he hardly cried at all except when he was poopy and we had to keep driving until we could find a place to stop.  so proud of him!


the weather in Colorado this time around was much nicer!  mid 70's pretty much every day and it was actually cold in the evenings!!!  gosh, I can't wait for winter!  I'm such a winter girl.

sweatshirt weather hahaha


Masters vacations are usually pretty chill...we don't do much, maybe a couple activities.  we mostly just hang out as a family and play games / watch movies.  on this trip, everyone hiked to the top of Chimney Rock, except me.  blame it on morning sickness but I hear there was no shade anywhere and I probably wouldn't have cared much for it.  everyone had a good time though!

 
grinding cornmeal for tortillas!
our resident photographer ;)
love birds ♥
there were all kinds of activities to do at the rec center near our lodge...mini golf, badminton, tennis, volleyball, foosball, ping pong, board games, and a bunch of kid stuff - coloring books, puzzles, books, and toys for Clark!  they also had arts & crafts so one day we all painted piggy banks.  I painted a teddy bear for the new baby :)  Mark painted a turtle for Clark, my dad & sissy also painted turtles, Kara painted a watering can, and Sean painted a purple dinosaur that was supposed to be Vikings themed but everyone just thought it was Barney!  hahaha.  my mom stayed in the car with Clark so he could nap so the instructor painted her a gorgeous pink and gray elephant!  it was definitely the best painted thing of all, ha.

this HUGE chess board at the entrance to our lodge community!

one day we went and toured a little museum and then got malts and ice-cream at the Malt Shoppe!  mark and I got chocolate banana malts!  mmm so good!!

just a few of the creepy dolls at the museum

we all went out to dinner on our last night where everyone was there (Sean & Kara left early to attend Kara's grandfather's birthday) and it was delicious!!!  we decided to try a little Thai place literally across the street from our lodge and it did not disappoint!  I got the yellow curry and I'm still drooling over it...


at the reunion I also told everyone we were expecting another little babe in February!  my mom already knew but everyone else was thrilled and so surprised!!  we told them in a game for FHE.  they all had to search for something but they didn't know what but I promised they would know it when they found out.  my dad ended up finding it...a toy hamburger bun in the oven!  hahaha, I don't think he understood but Kara shouted, "it's a BUN in the OVEN!!!"  and they were all so excited!!  probably the best part of the trip.

this kid has no idea what's coming in February!
but he'll always be my baby.
on our last day we went to a farmer's market and got something for the new baby...a pair of handmade overalls from Guatemala.  they're precious!!  Clark had fun looking at everything and everyone thought he was so cute :)


we tried to get some shots to announce my pregnancy but decided to wait until finding out the gender.  I'm glad we did :)  but the pictures turned out pretty cute!


our next family vacation is already in the works...we're doing DISNEY for the first time with our two boys in February of 2019.  I'm already SO excited to turn my boys into Disney fanatics like me :)  can't wait!!!!!  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment