11.24.2015

Family Disney Day!

I am so behind on blogging just from the events of the past week!  We have had a crazy, busy, super fun week and the fun is just getting started!  Thanksgiving is two days away and then my birthday and then CHRISTMAS!!!  Just so much excitement in the air :)

Last week my Aunt Michelle and cousin Jenna came to stay with us so Jenna could attend some conferences to meet people in the animation world!  It's funny, we are both trying to get into the same industry but in different ways.  Some day she will be the lead storyboard artist on a show that I voice a character for, just wait :)

It's always a good time when they come... we always talk and reminisce for hours.  I wish they lived closer!!  I love being close to Mark's family but I do miss mine.  On Thursday we went to Disney all day!  We got so much in...Indiana Jones, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh, Small World, Space, Big Thunder, Mr. Toad, Snow White, and we saw the Paint the Night parade which they had never seen.  It's soooo good!!


Then we grabbed dinner at the Jolly Holiday cafe.  Aunt Michelle got the turkey sandwich, Jenna got a caprese tomato sandwich and I got a grilled cheese with tomato bisque soup.  Except the tomato soup tasted like chicken cheese chili (their other option).  I ate half of it before commenting on it and then asked Mark to take it back for me, HA!  He did and brought back another bowl of the exact same thing!  Turns out it was their tomato soup but they must have mixed the ladles or something because it did NOT taste like tomato bisque soup!  Oh well, I endured.  Oh and Mark got clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl (his favorite).

We were ready to go back for more rides when we realized the park was closed!  Mark and I never go during the middle of the week so we weren't used to it closing this early!  It was only 8:00!  We made our way towards the exit and right before we got to the trams we ran into a major traffic jam!  There were so many people just stopped and we're all so short we couldn't see what was going on.  There were tons of people coming into the park as tons of us were leaving and so no one was going anywhere.  We realized there was a special event and so the park had closed early.  Mark and I were actually invited for being annual passholders!  I don't think it would have been very fun though judging that by crowd.  We finally squeeezed our way out of there and walked to the parking structure.  Every time we passed people making their way towards the park I thought, "Turn back while you still can!"  Haha, I joked to Mark that hopefully none of them were infected. (Walking Dead reference).  Anyway, we were all beat by the time we got back.

The next day Aunt Michelle and I laid low and watched a Hallmark Christmas movie while Jenna went to her conferences.  I spent the day getting my car washed, packing and painting my nails to get ready for our anniversary trip!  We had such a great time!  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment