We had a wonderful, delicious, family-filled Thanksgiving! Seeing these pictures is making my mouth water...the food was SO good!!! Anything Remi makes is always the best I've ever had so Thanksgiving is a real treat.
 |
| Don't mind Remi running around the kitchen per usual ;) |
 |
| Look at those pies! She made six!! |
I entertained myself while Mark napped as he always does at family gatherings! I tell you he sleeps 90% of his life away!! It's funny because everyone in his family always used to comment to me about how much Mark sleeps and how you can always find him napping or sleeping anywhere and everywhere and it never really hit me until this year that YES, he is ALWAYS napping! If he isn't working or driving or like at an actual restaurant on a date with me, he can be found as pictured below...
 |
| Mark and his naptime friends, HA |
Finally I forced Mark to get up and play with me! Haha, we "played" by grilling some sweet potatoes up for Remi. We also massaged the kale salad for 30 minutes!! Remi's cooking tricks...
And finally, a billion hours later (or what felt like it with how the house was smelling!) it was time to eat!
 |
| Um, where did she get those pilgrims?! |
 |
| YUM |
The deliciousness on my plate includes dark and white meat turkey, Remi's famous homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, grilled sweet potatoes with an orange pomegranate glaze, string beans, real cranberries, and the BEST hoomemade pumpkin rolls!!! I may have had 3 of them. I didn't even have room for dessert! We had apple pie and homemade whipped cream for breakfast the next two days though, haha!
Even though I will miss the Rawlings' tradition of Eggs Benedict on Christmas morning and all the people crowded into their living room and of course the re-enactment of the Nativity on Christmas Eve, I am SO excited to spend Christmas with my family! I seriously wish we could live by both parents! Stephy's making pumpkin cheesecake and my dad's making my favorite sweet potoates (technically they are yams as I learned from the Rawlings clan because they are orange lol) and our tradition of Domino's pizza on Christmas Eve! Haha, my family is so different than the Rawlings in so many ways but that's why I'm glad I have two families now! Now here's hoping this Christmas season doesn't fly by in a blink!
No comments:
Post a Comment