12.01.2015

Nuchal Translucency Screening

My mom's Christmas present!  She is going to FLIP!
Today was a really good day.  I got 6 more pictures of my sweet, beautiful baby!!!  We are so in love with this precious babe.

I had my Nuchal Translucency Screening with USC Perinatal Group in Mission Hills.  I had to fill out like a dictionary of paper work (you'd think I was adopting a child or something!) that I never actually finished before the ultrasound technician called me in.  She took me into a room with a huge TV on the wall and we got straight down to business!

She had me lay down and I asked if I would be getting a picture today.  She said yes and I was thrilled!  Then she put some warm goop on my belly and moved the ultrasound wand all over to find the baby (much lower than my first ultrasound).  For a brief second I panicked that there would be no baby in there.  But then we saw it!!!  So adorable and just perfect.  I got to stare at the TV while the technician moved the wand all over, drawing lines on the computer, measuring angles, and printing pictures left and right!


The whole thing only lasted about 5-10 minutes but it was the highlight of my pregnancy.  I got to hear baby's heart!  166 beats per minute :)  I wish Mark could have been there.  I left with 6 pictures of our precious baby.  I was so worried something would happen to them, I didn't want to put them in my bag for fear of them getting wrinkled (I didn't have an envelope or anything) but I also didn't want to carry them for fear they would fly away!  Haha, I ended up sticking them halfway into an old letter envelope I had so they would stay straight and tucked them safely into my bag.  Then when I got to the car I just stared at them all for a good 30 minutes and called Mark to tell him how cute and perfect our little babe is :)




OH and perfectly healthy!  Did I forget to mention that?!  Haha, yes after the ultrasound the doctor came in to share my results with me (today's ultrasound combined with my first trimester screen blood work) and baby is very low risk for everything and looking good and healthy!!!  We are so happy and in love with this little one...

No comments:

Post a Comment